Lovesherboy

Boys and no parent supervision

Lovesherboy

At what age would you allow you your son to start hanging out with friends with no parent supervision?

rosie28

What do you mean by no supervision? Like you’re not at home and they are? They’re out somewhere without you? Regardless my answer would be the same for my son and daughters, I wouldn’t differentiate based on sex. But it would all very much depend on what the other child’s parents agreed to so it would depend on the specific group. 

• Like 1

Lovesherboy
Posted (edited)

As in going out to parks shopping centers etc to hang out with friends with no parents around, so they do what they want i guess 

Edited by Lovesherboy

marple

12? 14? It depends on the situation. Two 12 year olds at one of their homes for a few hours wouldn't bother me. Basically the more kids the more trouble, so a large group of teenagers I'd like some parental supervision.

lizzzard
Posted (edited)

Yeah, no difference for boys or girls. I’m more comfortable with than being at home than out somewhere. DS has occasionally had friends over after school when we weren’t there - probably from year 5?

eta Thought I’d mention the other parents knew we weren’t there - our school ‘culture’ can be a bit ‘free range’ and quite a few kids come and go by themselves at a relatively young age.

Edited by lizzzard

Lovesherboy

I don’t necessarily mean the sex is different I just have a son 

• Like 1

marple

Shops, the movies etc about 12, but I'd probably drop them off and pick them up at an agreed time.

rosie28

With that clarification I’d say 12-14, depending on the kids involved.

seayork2002
Posted (edited)
40 minutes ago, marple said:

12? 14? It depends on the situation. Two 12 year olds at one of their homes for a few hours wouldn't bother me. Basically the more kids the more trouble, so a large group of teenagers I'd like some parental supervision.

Yeah ds (nearly 13) and a friend fine alone ds and a large group no

Edited by seayork2002

amdirel

About 11-12 ish. 

• Like 1

SeaPrincess
Posted (edited)

Mine started occasional free-range riding their bikes around the neighbourhood with friends from about 11 maybe. Shops/movies in year 7, so 12, but I did say they didn’t need to go to the shopping centre every weekend, and their friends’ parents were happy to go along with that. DS1 is about to turn 15, and I don’t have any concerns with him now. DS2 is 13 and my feelings are very dependent on who he is with.

ETA Large groups are out.  They don’t move in packs.

Edited by SeaPrincess

luke's mummu

Basically in year 7, but I much prefer to be home if the kids are hanging around my home. Especially one, who seemed a bit “ precocious“  regarding girlfriends, compared to my son.