OscarAndTilly

25th anniversary - where would you go?

OscarAndTilly

It’s our 25th Wedding anniversary in November and we are looking for somewhere special to go for 2 nights. 

We would love to stay at Jamala Lodge in Canberra but we would like big cats and as they can’t guarantee which animal you will get  not sure about taking the gamble. Other alternative is to pick another animal and spend difference on animal encounters at the zoo. 

other than that we have no idea where to go. 

we are in NSW, does anyone have any suggestions? Looking for somewhere with hopefully a spa and a bit special to celebrate our anniversary. 

seayork2002

There is the very posh won hotel of the year worldwide sometime I think hotel in the Blue Mountains - owned by an airline I think

I am trying to get a link to post

TinyGiraffe
1 hour ago, seayork2002 said:

There is the very posh won hotel of the year worldwide sometime I think hotel in the Blue Mountains - owned by an airline I think

I am trying to get a link to post

It the One and Only Wolgon Valley by Emirates. Very posh! 

• Like 1

IamOzgirl

They sometimes have mid week 'specials' 

Kim's retreat as well has private spa's with rooms. 

Bannister's. 

seayork2002
6 minutes ago, TinyGiraffe said:

It the One and Only Wolgon Valley by Emirates. Very posh! 

thanks, that's the one - we are more park outside the room level of motel

but I heard it is nice

• Haha 1

can'tstayaway
Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, OscarAndTilly said:

It’s our 25th Wedding anniversary in November and we are looking for somewhere special to go for 2 nights. 

We would love to stay at Jamala Lodge in Canberra but we would like big cats and as they can’t guarantee which animal you will get  not sure about taking the gamble. Other alternative is to pick another animal and spend difference on animal encounters at the zoo.

other than that we have no idea where to go. 

we are in NSW, does anyone have any suggestions? Looking for somewhere with hopefully a spa and a bit special to celebrate our anniversary. 

Even if you don’t get to spend the night with the big cats, you can have the other experiences. My kids got to feed the lions so we were up close and personal. The rumble/purr is incredible when you are right in front of them. I nearly peed myself. 

The dinners are at communal tables right next to a pair of lions too. The zoo owner came by for sunset drinks one day and since he raised the male from a cub, he could put his hands in and pat and stroke him. There was another opportunity to feed and touch the lions then as well. 

My only suggestion is not to choose the monkey room. They are so cheeky and would mock us 😂 

one and Only Wolgan Valley is lovely but I found it boring. Perfect if you’re just after chill out time though. It’s definitely more luxurious than Jamala but I’d pick Jamala over Wolgan for the activities. 

Edited by can'tstayaway
Typo

Hypnic Jerk

I'd be happy with anywhere out of Victoria at the moment!

• Haha 1

sunshine_days

Same as Hypnic... anywhere out of my 5km radius... lm in lockdown...  I'd be happy to stay in Vic.. just see some new sights... 

Mose

Yeah, I have to say my first reaction was being able to go anywhere at all together without the children would be an enormous bonus.  Not helpful to the OP but.  I am happy to dream along with her...

seayork2002

Thinking more I would (speaking for myself and DH only) tailor it to want we want to do rather than where, I like odd and quirky (why I married DH I guess) some run down old 'miners' cottage where I can read in peace, DH and go off and sketch or whatever it he does when I am trying to read, we both love really good pub food and I love wine, cheese - well all food really so great cafes - sure I want remote with great cafes (logic must be there somewhere)

some people like shopping/theater/sports (well DH likes sport I like the hotels we go to for sport only)/spa's/lounging by a pool etc.  so what do you and DH want to do on the break? if you don't see the animals I mean

José

Hunter valley? Do  a private wine tour. Plenty of nice day spas there too. 

bandbub

What about a treehouse cabin at lovecabins in the blue mountains