joeyinthesky

Online shopping fails during lockdown/restrictions

joeyinthesky

I’ve been online shopping for years due to combination of laziness & living well outside any major centres but sone things it’s def easier to assess their suitability in shop before buying...

Case in point: DS2 is in the process of learning to use the toilet. Our toilet is a weird shape and it’s hard to get a step that gets close enough. So I googled and bought a soft padded seat he can put on & off and use a little stool we already have. It arrived today, he ran to try it out straight out of the box.
I followed, just in time to see the seat insert turn turtle, tipping him completely off the toilet,  bashing his head on the toilet roll holder on the way down!   Turns out it’s too small to sit properly on the existing toilet seat 😩

Surely I can’t be the only one with an online purchase that’s a complete fail?! Do share & make me feel better.

• Sad 1

seayork2002

I was told my cheese therapy delivery order was yesterday didn't arrive, contacted them today and the driver couldn't find my work s getting Monday I think

I checked and all my details were correct

• Sad 1

PocketIcikleflakes

I had that problem with every one of those inserts I tried. Urgh. We ended up with the foldable insert seat with the attached steps. It was the only one that worked in the end and it was very stable.

We've just got rid of it now after 5 years and two kids. It was good value in the end.

I hope your DS is ok 😔

• Like 2

ytt

Not so much lockdown but I hate online shopping. I bought a sign of Ebay to say beware of dogs, do not enter, contact homeowner.

The sign came and it was tiny, you could hardly see it on our big gate..... The meter reader guy didn't even see it and came in when the gate was closed, luckily our very territorial Sable working line German Shepherd (ie very dark colour) was locked up. I told him never to do that again as I don't know how she would react :(

I ended up making my own on my new Cricut machine and added our phone numbers and a silhouette of a shepherd and dachshund... and it's huge! 

Lucky we don't have visitors lol - I'd be scared if I saw my dog run up to the gate! she is very social on our walks....

• Like 3

José

I've already started a thread about my purchase today. My sambag ballet flats are probably not quite right. Except they don't do have sizes

• Sad 1

José

And OP, we found the lupi lu dual toilet seat to be great.

• Like 1

MadMarchMasterchef
3 minutes ago, José said:

I've already started a thread about my purchase today. My sambag ballet flats are probably not quite right. Except they don't do have sizes

Aw no,  Sambag are the really nice ones arent they :(   I found that shoe sizes vary quite a bit between different shoes in the same brand. Like I couldn't find shoe x in any shops, tried on shoe y by same maker and decided I need size z and ordered shoe x in size z online.  It was 2 sizes too small. 

caitiri

I ordered a rug, I wont name the company but its seems to be delayed (even for covid) 

• Sad 1

Silverstreak

I ordered some reusable face masks at the start of July and still haven't received them (overseas seller), so thankfully the seller has refunded me. Once they do arrive I'll transfer the money back. Pity, I was looking forward to wearing them, they looked very comfortable.

Had a bad Menulog experience the other day, of all things! Apparently there was a glitch in the system with my order. It was listed as being delivered, which it wasn't, the driver never showed, I kept getting calls from Menulog verifying my address and in the end my cold food order arrived two hours late.

A very angry restaurant employee delivered my food and pretty much demanded that I demand a refund from Menulog, before he would hand  the food over to me. Yeah, that's the last time I deal with that particular restaurant or Menulog, not worth the trouble really. 

Have to say, Big W are always great at keeping me in the loop with estimated delivery times etc, I've been enjoying ordering through them. We are tearing through play doh at the moment. I can make my own, but it ends up too sticky. :ninja:

• Like 1

joeyinthesky
1 hour ago, seayork2002 said:

I was told my cheese therapy delivery order was yesterday didn't arrive, contacted them today and the driver couldn't find my work s getting Monday I think

I checked and all my details were correct

Frustrating, just before the weekend. I have to say the cheese therapy as are very tempting- I haven’t caved yet but mostly because I know how often my deliveries take days longer than expected- not sure that cheese will do well sitting in the post office for days on end!

• Like 1

BornToLove

I ordered a few things from Myer last week. I got some eye cream, a serum and a few things around the house. 5 items total. Every item came from a different store/location so Australia post has been here every day this week. 

• Like 3

joeyinthesky
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, PocketIcikleflakes said:

I had that problem with every one of those inserts I tried. Urgh. We ended up with the foldable insert seat with the attached steps. It was the only one that worked in the end and it was very stable.

We've just got rid of it now after 5 years and two kids. It was good value in the end.

I hope your DS is ok 😔

Yes - we had one for DS1 and it was great - then we renovated our manky bathroom and I chose this toilet- because it didn’t have nooks and crannies to catch dust/germs.  It’s slightly higher than average and the ladder/seat combo can’t fit 😩

He is ok thank you - just a nasty fright and a egg on his head. It hasn’t done much for his toilet confidence though, we’re back to the potty. 

Edited by joeyinthesky
  • Sad 1

PocketIcikleflakes

^ sadface was for the seat not fitting. I'm glad your DS is doing ok.

• Like 1

overlytired

The only shopping fail is the amount at the bottom of my credit card statement.

• Like 7
  • Haha 8

mintpatty

Not Covid specific but...When my iPad is low on battery the screen misfires. Imagine my surprise last week when my woolies order turned up with 11 pineapples...instead of 1!

I was so confused!

• Like 1
  • Haha 37

joeyinthesky
1 minute ago, mintpatty said:

Not Covid specific but...When my iPad is low on battery the screen misfires. Imagine my surprise last week when my woolies order turned up with 11 pineapples...instead of 1!

I was so confused!

That would have been interesting- bet the picker/packer had a raised eyebrow too 😄

I was having the same trouble Online shopping  from the WWs catalogue recently  - it was adding multiples of all the fruit & veg. I didn’t realise until I checked my total spend (trying vainly today stay on budget) and it’s was huge! I never thought to connect it with battery levels tho. I’m glad I noticed before I got 5 whole caulis 😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

luke's mummu
12 hours ago, Silverstreak said:

I ordered some reusable face masks at the start of July and still haven't received them (overseas seller), so thankfully the seller has refunded me. Once they do arrive I'll transfer the money back. Pity, I was looking forward to wearing them, they looked very comfortable.

Had a bad Menulog experience the other day, of all things! Apparently there was a glitch in the system with my order. It was listed as being delivered, which it wasn't, the driver never showed, I kept getting calls from Menulog verifying my address and in the end my cold food order arrived two hours late.

A very angry restaurant employee delivered my food and pretty much demanded that I demand a refund from Menulog, before he would hand  the food over to me. Yeah, that's the last time I deal with that particular restaurant or Menulog, not worth the trouble really. 

Have to say, Big W are always great at keeping me in the loop with estimated delivery times etc, I've been enjoying ordering through them. We are tearing through play doh at the moment. I can make my own, but it ends up too sticky. :ninja:

Hey did you get a refund from Menulog? I had a bad experience with the same company last week- food took 90 mins to get here and was had obviously been sitting in a warmer for 1 hour. I gave them a bad review online but didn’t ask for a refund 

• Like 1

Silverstreak

No , decided not to get a refund as I did get my meal in the end but won’t bother with Menulog again.

• Like 1

iavy
Posted (edited)

At the beginning of the first lockdown menulog would deliver food to me that wasn’t mine.

they would tap so quietly on my door I barely  heard it the first time and it was 10.30pm. So there’s me out the house in my pjs trying to work out who’s food it is. I have 2 elderly neighbours behind but turns out one their children had lost their job and come home.

it happened 3 times before they got it right!

Edited by iavy
Typo
  • Like 2

Charli73
Posted (edited)

I bought a desk online from ikea for working from home. I spent two hours putting it together and it turns out it’s smaller than I thought and my knees kept hitting the cross bar underneath which I couldn’t have known about before assembly so I had to drive it back for a refund partly assembled. It was so heavy DH and the kids had to follow me in a separate car so he could help me unload it from my car onto a trolley.. luckily they have a great return policy. 

next drama, purchase a different desk from office works which takes a few days to arrive for click and collect and once it arrives I try to assemble it but the frame cross bar is welded crooked in one spot so the frame holes won’t line up and the whole thing has to go back as I can’t put the frame on. Two weeks later I finally have office works pick up the old one and replace with a non faulty one.. Clearly not having much luck with desks.. 

Edited by Charli73
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

kimasa

My Coles online order was a small disaster. So much missing, so many weird substitutions. A single tomato in a barrier bag x6. I don't get how people do this regularly, or maybe the store mine comes from is run by a litter of kittens.

But I feel obliged to order again because I have a $36 credit on there for all the items they charged me for but didn't deliver. This is how they keep people ordering, isn't it?

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

Fifteenyears
1 hour ago, kimasa said:

My Coles online order was a small disaster. So much missing, so many weird substitutions. A single tomato in a barrier bag x6. I don't get how people do this regularly, or maybe the store mine comes from is run by a litter of kittens.

But I feel obliged to order again because I have a $36 credit on there for all the items they charged me for but didn't deliver. This is how they keep people ordering, isn't it?

Gosh, try Woolies.  They allow you to opt in or out of substitutions for every item, and give custom notes for substitutions (eg: “ if substitution required, please give a different brand of black beans and not kidney beans”).  And if they don’t have something you get a refund, not credit.  And if you get something unsuitable or out of date they process the refund very quickly and without question.

I also find if I order a specific number of something - like four zucchini, I will sometimes get one extra for the same money.  As if the packer has eyeballed them and decided that value for money requires one more.

• Like 10

22Fruitmincepies
1 hour ago, kimasa said:

Sounds like you’ve got a dud store! I’ve never had a credit when things weren’t available, only when they gave me the wrong item when I’d ticked no substitute (toilet paper), so I got to keep the toilet paper and got credit for next time. I’d try the other mob. 

• Like 1

joeyinthesky
9 hours ago, Charli73 said:

I bought a desk online from ikea for working from home. I spent two hours putting it together and it turns out it’s smaller than I thought and my knees kept hitting the cross bar underneath which I couldn’t have known about before assembly so I had to drive it back for a refund partly assembled. It was so heavy DH and the kids had to follow me in a separate car so he could help me unload it from my car onto a trolley.. luckily they have a great return policy. 

next drama, purchase a different desk from office works which takes a few days to arrive for click and collect and once it arrives I try to assemble it but the frame cross bar is welded crooked in one spot so the frame holes won’t line up and the whole thing has to go back as I can’t put the frame on. Two weeks later I finally have office works pick up the old one and replace with a non faulty one.. Clearly not having much luck with desks.. 

Oh no - that makes me want to scream just reading it. How frustrating.

As of today, I’ve decided I’m never tiling anything again as my local store is run by a team of muppets it’s seems....

June - go in, pick tiles, tell them amount required and pay (trying to get organised a month ahead).

3 weeks later I realise I haven’t heard from them so phone to follow up. Get told “oh that was just a quote, we haven’t ordered them”. So why did I pay for them on the day and get told they’d be there in 3 days?! Oh dear, so sorry, our mistake - we’ll order them now.

One week later I collect them just in time for tiler to start  (2 hour special round trip). Get home and open box - they’ve ordered the wrong size! 😩

Ring and complain ... oh that’s why you ordered. No, I still have the sample you gave me, it’s completely different. Oh so sorry, we’ll reorder (but you have to return those ones first). Another two hour special return trip. 

One week later I call to see if they’re there to collect  - oh yes, sorry didn’t anybody ring you? no we can’t put them on a courier to you. And we close at 12pm, be there before. I have appt an hour in the other direction and physically cannot be there- hubby can drive there but not til the end of the day. Can you drop them at MIL address? (two blocks from store, she can’t drive so can’t collect) Have very terse discussion with manager after they refuse, and they very rudely agree.  Grrr but I have tiles.

Tiler finally gets job done but is three tiles short! I grudgingly go back - told I have to order a full sq metre of tiles... grit my teeth and do it.

Today - go to collect my tiles. Running late for appt so I think to myself , I’ll double check them b4  I leave town. While I’m waiting for appt, I get a voice message from tile store- oh so sorry, we gave you wrong persons tiles, please return and swap 😩 In my appt for two hours,  they phone me 3 more times, despite me texting husband to call and let them know I’d be there b4 they close (which he did)!!

I was so annoyed by the time I got back, I couldn’t even speak 😡😡

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 11

MooGuru

Bloody hell Joeyinyhesky!

We're too scared to order in food after having issues 3x  with different delivery options. First restaurant advertising, taking orders and money that had been closed for 2 weeks already. Second the delivery driver dropped our order as he arrived at our place (noone contacted us so we're like where'd he go? (We were stalking the delivery). Third time it just didn't show up. We got refunds each time. Interesting we had to hound the first and last company. The second the refund showing up was our first clue something had gone wrong with the order.

I accidentally ordered a mens size extra large hoody. It's a total win for at home but no way can I wear it out and about like I'd intended - it changes my body shape from boyish to lactose intolerant teletubby ate cheese and shrunk. Interestingly I'm fairly certain I could fit three people in the body, it's longer than many summer dresses I've ordered (more on that in a minute) but the sleeves barely reach my wrists. I suspect it was designed by a T-rex.

Summer dresses. Or more accurately "overpriced singlets". Seriously. "Model is 7ft tall tall, weighs 60kg and is wearing a size ten." It looks mid thigh or slightly longer.  Perfect! Order arrives, dress reaches part way down my butt if I'm lucky.

• Like 1
  • Haha 9