SillyDuff

Shingles with no Rash

SillyDuff

Has anyone had shingles without a rash, I know its possible - from what I have read and my mother had it a few years ago. But I was wondering what others experience was like, do you think it was different from shingles with a rash, was it easy diagnosed or did it take time. 

My story so far - is last week I had pain from the back to my front, a small rash came up but than disappear.  I have had pain a area near my spine ever since sometimes it goes further and around to my chest but the main sensitively is in that area. Pain medication does nothing either does heat/ice packs. I am so over it, but the drs just cant seem to work it out :(

SplashingRainbows
Posted (edited)

I’ve had shingles twice. Usually the ‘rash’ is a series of six or so spots in a straight line (for me). I nearly missed it the first tome - it was the pain that eventually got me to the GP. The rash was not something that drew my attention at all. 

if definitely put your theory to the GP. How long has it been OP? Are you still in the time frame to start the anti virals? Edited to add if it’s within the 5 or so days I’d be searching out an after hours GP tonight to see if you could get onto the anti virals. They do make a big difference IME. 

Edited by SplashingRainbows
  • Like 1

SillyDuff

It haa been a week, so over time a raah would appear. My gp thinks it could be, but gave me nerve medication,  which resulted me going to emergency after a bad reaction.  The Er dr didn't think it was shingles. 

Lalala4

Could it have been a spider bite?

SillyDuff

Would a spider bite still be hurting a week later? Might have to google that.

The other thing that makes me think more nerve, is when I went back to work on Thursday (was a silly decision) by a couple of hours the pain was in my lower back going down my legs, even sitting so putting pressure on the spine was painful.