Ozquoll

TV shows you gotta watch 🤩. SPIN-OFF

Ozquoll

Got any TV shows, YouTube channels, etc that people should really know about it?

My recommendation is Norsemen - think The Office set in 791AD Norway. Just gets funnier the more I watch. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Scootaloo

I am loving War of the Worlds, and Why Women kill - both on SBS on demand. 

• Like 1

BadCat

Derry Girls

Umbrella Academy

Sex Education

• Like 1

FiveAus

I've just watched all available episodes of After Life (Ricky Gervais) on Netflix. LOVED it!

• Like 4

sahmie

The letdown 

• Like 5

spr_maiden

Dark.

• Like 2

seayork2002

The Salisbury Poisonings

Line of Duty from the beginning 

From memory the only 2 shows in ages I did not touch my phone while watching 

• Like 2

gracie1978

Mrs America

Cate Blanchett, Rose Byrne, Melanie Lynskey, Sarah Paulson and so many others.

ERA movement in the 70's

Meepy

Euphoria.  

Etcetera

I started watching the Norsemen not knowing what it was. I thought it was like the Vikings or something. I was very confused at first lol!

cstar

The marvellous Mrs Maisel, it’s on prime tv, love it! 

hills mum bec

I have just started watching Glitch on Netflix and I'm hooked.  Good to see an Australian drama that's a bit different.

• Like 3

Riotproof

Glitch is fantastic. 
I also think everyone should watch Manhattan and Travellers. 
Not sure if Manhattan is streaming anywhere now, but it was such a good show. Annoying they didn’t keep at it. 

seayork2002

I started to watch Glitch and watched a few but stopped, I think I stopped more because of my mood rather than the show as the show was good, but thanks to this thread I might go back when I finish a few series I have currently started and watch more

• Like 1

FiveAus

I am currently binge watching Outlander which is amazing for me because I never usually watch much TV. I have read/listened to the first 4 books in the series and while the detail in the books gets very tedious (there is SOOOO much of it), it transfers very well to the screen and all the detail in the books allowed the screenwriters to really bring it to life.

I've realised binge watching TV is linked closely to the comfort of the watcher. I hate sitting in our lounge room, where the sound is crap, and I have to have the TV turned right up so I can hear anything. Husband is usually hovering around in case I change my mind and he can watch his thing, and usually I just give up.

I now have a TV in the spare room, I have a pile of pillows on the spare bed, a heater to take the chill off the air, and I've enabled subtitles. I am binge ready!

Crombek

Norsemen is so good! 

Utopia - I thought everyone would have seen it but keep finding people who haven't. 

ContentedFleur

I loved Glitch.

One that my DSnearly9 discovered on ABCME that we fell hard for: The Unlisted. Evil corporation tries to take over the world by surreptitiously implanting year 8 students in Sydney high school, only those not implanted for whatever reason (the titular unlisted) can save everyone. So Freaking Good. When lockdown is over, we're going to go on holidays to Sydney and go to all the location spots. DSnearly9 is writing fanfic about it and planning a Minecraft thing for it (I don't do minecraft, so am not sure what it will be) and we've been talking a lot about the various feelings it has prompted in us, and how you can fight without violence or guns, and using your strengths... loved it so much. 

Plus Dadi (the Indian-Australian grandma) is the best character ever and I want to be her when I grow up. 

cstar

I found a great show called Shrill, absolutely love it.