Riotproof

Anyone baking this weekend?

Inkogneatoh
1 hour ago, Sancti-claws said:

I did a boiled pineapple fruit cake.  So delicious!!

Do you have an easy to link to recipe? 

I make a rather easy boiled fruit cake (from a recipe I got from my grandmother on my dad's side), that according to my mum, was the only fruit cake better than the boiled pineapple cake her mother used to make from some 1950's era CWA book. I've never had said pineapple cake, and would like to try one at some stage.

• Like 1

Riotproof

I made bacon and egg pie. Forgot how good it is. 

Catzilla

Thinking of doing mini pineapple upside down cakes this week, after seeing it on an episode of Great British Bake Off.

Edited by Catzilla
  • Like 1

IamOzgirl
On 30/08/2020 at 6:58 PM, Inkogneatoh said:

I have one who is against soups, stews and the likes as well. Has been his whole life. Usually he will knock back a stew one night, then scoff it down the following night when it's wrapped in pastry as a pie. He really only tried the beef bourguignon after an interesting discussion that resulted in "it isn't a stew, it's beef bourguignon" (with a healthy dose of sarcasm and eye rolling on my part, and seriousness on my SIL's). Somehow it worked enough to get tasted.

But then again this pair are weird. The one against custard loves mousse and creme caramel type things. The one against stews also isn't a big fan of rice or pasta (although will eat them unlike when he was a child), or bolognaise sauce. Both of them think that white sauce is gag worthy. Want to guess the most requested meal?

Yep that's right, lasagne.  I made a pasta bake the other day with penne, cheese and the exact same bolognaise sauce I use for spag bol and lasagne. Apparently it was a fail. But white sauce is still the Devil's poison.

Oh, I should probably point out the peasants are both adults, with ages rounding out to 40.  They are aware I refer to them as peasants (and heathens when they truly offend my culinary ideals). They are also both very aware that if they complain to much I go on strike and they need to cook their own meals.

Hahaha!

I am the 40yo currently living with my parents who need to be called heathens when they offend my culinary ideals... 

My dad does not like tomato much - and so doesn't like Bolognese. When mum makes something tomato based she ads cream. But he won't eat lasagne... LOL

Love pork and soups but won't eat ramen. 

Dad like my Katsu Curry but it would be better without rice 🙄

• Haha 1

Sancti-claws
8 hours ago, Inkogneatoh said:

Do you have an easy to link to recipe? 

I make a rather easy boiled fruit cake (from a recipe I got from my grandmother on my dad's side), that according to my mum, was the only fruit cake better than the boiled pineapple cake her mother used to make from some 1950's era CWA book. I've never had said pineapple cake, and would like to try one at some stage.

https://www.bestrecipes.com.au/recipes/boiled-pineapple-fruit-cake-recipe/y53fb903

So easy and almost impossible to stuff up.  Beautiful and moist and no frills required.

• Like 1

blackcat20

I was going to make honey joys but someone ate the entire 1kg box of corn flakes I'd bought for that purpose :rolleyes:

• Haha 1

Inkogneatoh
10 hours ago, Sancti-claws said:

https://www.bestrecipes.com.au/recipes/boiled-pineapple-fruit-cake-recipe/y53fb903

So easy and almost impossible to stuff up.  Beautiful and moist and no frills required.

Thank you. It actually doesn't look that much different to what I do already. Less boiling though, and it looks lighter both in colour and weight.