Riotproof

Anyone baking this weekend?

Riotproof

I’ve been saving easy biscuit recipes to Pinterest in the last few days, so I’m feeling in the mood to bake. Some easy melt and mix ones for hokey pokey look interesting. Though I do have a couple of bananas languishing as well.  

I also need to get back on my sourdough bandwagon after being sick. I am missing it. 

Good news is that Dd did seriously like the whole orange muffins I made, so they are in the freezer for special recesses for her. 

• Like 1

Mose

I get told what I am baking. Lockdown and boredom, I do not have the energy to argue.

I can report a rumour circulating around the home (and onto various video calls, including some with my colleagues) that I am baking ANZAC cookies. I don't even like them, but I would say it's most likely true.

• Haha 7

Riotproof
Posted (edited)

They are always popular. And I like to fool myself that the protein and fibre in the oats means they are a healthier biscuit. 
I’m lazy and usually make Anzac biscuits into a slice. Though I also haven’t made the gingery oat ones in a long time, and they are a huge fav. 

eta, I did save a homemade Kingston recipe, and they were always one of my favourites... 

sigh. 

Edited by Riotproof
  • Like 1

nom_de_plume

I've got two loaves of sourdough on the go today. 

Made brownies yesterday.

• Like 1

~*~blizzy~*~

I think I’ll make some ciabatta today for breakfast with homemade baked beans tomorrow. 

DD11 wants to make some cookies and I might try to squeeze in some scrolls of sorts as well. One batch savory one batch sweet 👌

• Like 1

anatomicalheart

Brownies and pizza dough (and eventually, pizzas from it) yesterday, and cupcakes this morning. 

I do have some green apples past their best which could probably be turned into apple cinnamon scrolls topped with a salted caramel glaze, but I really don't know if I have that kind of enthusiasm. 

• Like 2

IamOzgirl
1 hour ago, Mose said:

I get told what I am baking. Lockdown and boredom, I do not have the energy to argue.

I can report a rumour circulating around the home (and onto various video calls, including some with my colleagues) that I am baking ANZAC cookies. I don't even like them, but I would say it's most likely true.

Well it's good timing being V day. 

Riotproof

@anatomicalheart could you dice up and freeze the apples for another day? 

IamOzgirl

Thanks for the thread. Allows me to ask for (proper) baked NY style cheesecake recipes please! 

• Like 1

Dianalynch

I am planning on anzacs, feeling perhaps too lazy for even that, thanks rp I might make an oat slice instead...

Riotproof

Winner. https://bakeplaysmile.com/hokey-pokey-biscuits/ Easier if you chill the dough to make rolling into balls possible. 
I did see another variation that uses a lot less golden syrup, can any kiwis comment on which is more authentic? 

Catzilla

I made wholemeal blueberry muffins, chocolate banana bread, chocolate crackle cookies, and mixed berry icecream over the last couple of days.

seayork2002

We usually bake Sunday afternoon but lately not every week, tomorrows plan if we do it is butterfly cakes with jam and lemon icing 

• Like 1

ali-song

Just took some blueberry muffins out of the oven - must wait for them to cool a little!

Also thinking of making marshmallows (or some strange Eastern European variant that DS found)

• Like 1

Just Another Cat

DD has really gotten into lockdown baking.

She just made Milo Brownies and they are delicious! 

Riotproof

I decided I could probably make banana doodles without cleaning the cc, so I’m doing that. 

Mishu

I'm making white chocolate and raspberry mousse cake today. It's a trial for a birthday cake next weekend. Fingers crossed it is as good as I remember

• Like 1

WaitForMe

I made banana blueberry muffins. Need to make choc bliss balls. The girls have asked me to make raisin bread but I might leave it until next weekend.

Its not baking but I meant to make another batch of soap today but didn't have enough coconut oil so thats tomorrows job.

• Like 1

Catzilla
1 hour ago, Riotproof said:

I decided I could probably make banana doodles without cleaning the cc, so I’m doing that. 

Banana doodles? I’m intrigued.

Green Sage

DH just made 2 sponge cakes. This morning I made strawberry jam to go between them. They’re cooling then we can finish them off. Yum.

last week I made zucchini banana bread, and cranberry and chocolate chip “Anzac” biscuits. 

DH just bought a kitchen aid stand mixer thing. Even though I told him it wasn’t necessary and was a waste of money. But, he never listens to me. But, we can bake more things now, maybe try some dough. 

• Like 2

Catzilla

They sound similar to snickerdoodles. I’ll definitely give them a go.

.Jerry.

Anyone have a good lemon slice recipe they could share?  Just after a lemony type of something to bake.  I quite like old fashioned slice recipes.

• Like 1

anatomicalheart
On 15/08/2020 at 10:42 AM, Riotproof said:

@anatomicalheart could you dice up and freeze the apples for another day? 

I could, but they would probably get lost in freezer limbo.

I'm actually supposed to be making macarons today, but the first egg I went to separate, the yolk bled into the white, so I gave up and turned it into custard. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Mose
On 15/08/2020 at 8:51 AM, Mose said:

The rumours were true.

Now I can smell baking that doesn't appeal to me at all. Side benefit: I have sticky (but smiling) children, and extra dishes to do. Which at least fills in time. And at this point I will take genuine happiness in my children from almost any available source.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1