MuddyPuddles

Different Bedtimes for siblings?

Bugster

Mr 3 goes at 7.30, miss 6 at 8, miss 9 at 8.30 & mr 11 at 9pm

i get constant complaints from all about how unfair it is. (Even the oldest who seems to think all 11yr olds except him get to stay up till midnight 🙄). These times work best for our evening extra curricular activities for the kids

Lucrezia Bauble

we have a bit of an age gap between our two - 5 years, so bedtimes are very different. our 8 year old goes to bed at 9 on weeknights during term (wakes up anywhere from 7.30 am to 8am) - our 13 (nearly 14) yr old goes to bed around 10.30 pm - he has to leave the house a bit earlier so is generally up at 7 am. on weekends and in holidays the younger one stays up later - last night he went to bed at 10 pm. he actually doesn’t seem too affected by late nights - he might be a night owl like me. 

Kreme

My kids are only 18 months apart but they’ve always had different bedtimes because DD 14 needs a lot less sleep than DS12. Example last night DD went to bed at 11.30 (because I went to a friend’s for dinner and DH lost track of time) and woke up at 7.30 this morning. DS went to bed at 10.30 and woke up at 8.30.

During the week DS goes to bed around 9.30 and DD at 10.30. They both need to wake up at 7.30. I don’t think it’s a problem when it’s the youngest who needs the extra sleep because you just say that the oldest had to go to bed at x time until they were 9, so that’s what the youngest will need to do as well. 

Jenflea

My mum would say "life isn't fair" and we'd just have to toe the line. 

• Like 2

Hands Up
16 hours ago, PrincessPeach said:

Following along for ideas, mine currently go to bed at the same time as the 6 year old is a sleepyhead & the 4 year old has FOMO so won’t go to bed unless his brother is. So both in bed, lights out at 7pm & up between 6.30am & 7am.

We are exactly the same! Even the ages.

Actually if they are super tired sometimes we bundle them off at 6:45pm.... 

PrincessPeach
On 15/08/2020 at 12:38 PM, Hands Up said:

We are exactly the same! Even the ages.

Actually if they are super tired sometimes we bundle them off at 6:45pm.... 

Mine were in bed by 6.15pm last night, they were so exhausted & feral.