FiveAus

Introducing the Quaranteenies.

*Ker*
10 hours ago, FiveAus said:

He seems to be the favourite of everyone. He is adorable, and very chunky (Covid belly!)

nup my fave is the Merle on the end.

Bethlehem Babe

I like the one with big black patches over their eyes. In the middle. So sweet. 

kadoodle

Do fat puppies stay fat as dogs? Or do they turn into lanky teenagers like all the rest?

FiveAus
12 hours ago, kadoodle said:

Do fat puppies stay fat as dogs? Or do they turn into lanky teenagers like all the rest?

No, by the time they are about 8 weeks old it's starting to melt away. The puppy size bears no significance to the adult size. Charlotte, the mother of these puppies was huge when she was a baby. A big chunky pup. She grew to be the smallest Aussie I've ever owned. Rush, the father of these pups was so small when he was born it was doubtful he'd make it through the first night. When I collected him at 10 weeks, he was about average. Now he's on the larger side, he's certainly the biggest Aussie I've had here. And hard to keep weight on so he gets high energy food for more dense calories.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hypnic Jerk

I'd love to see some then and now photos if you have them.  I'm sure others would too.

FiveAus

Some of my babies today with their uncle Cash. They are nearly 7 weeks old and they are adorable.

The merle puppy is Misty (who used to be Astra) and the black one is Liam (who used to be Conor). Liam is going to live in NZ in a month or so. 
Over the back is the puppies father Rush and if you look really carefully there's a secret dog hiding there.

rockstree.thumb.jpg.a12197fd7302c4b816546e2a48d66bb1.jpg

• Like 14

can'tstayaway

I’m a German Shepherd devotee but your stories and the photos are seriously swaying me 😆 

I love that you are so passionate about the welfare of your puppies and take so much thought into their placements.  You remind me of our breeder who was just as fastidious.  She unfortunately has retired due to health reasons and I was afraid we would not find another breeder like her who prioritises the health and well being of the dogs. 

Bethlehem Babe

Oh my goodness that is just about the cutest thing ever. 

FiveAus
17 minutes ago, can'tstayaway said:

I’m a German Shepherd devotee but your stories and the photos are seriously swaying me 😆 

I love that you are so passionate about the welfare of your puppies and take so much thought into their placements.  You remind me of our breeder who was just as fastidious.  She unfortunately has retired due to health reasons and I was afraid we would not find another breeder like her who prioritises the health and well being of the dogs. 

There are heaps of GSD breeders who are just as pedantic as I am. Unfortunately it's a breed who has an overshare of total dicks, along with staffies, Rottweilers etc. But they are out there, raising really gorgeous baby GSD's and placing them very carefully in only the best homes.

• Like 1

kadoodle

Gee Cash is gorgeous. 
Who’s the secret dog? Or is it a black cat?

FiveAus
2 hours ago, kadoodle said:

Gee Cash is gorgeous. 
Who’s the secret dog? Or is it a black cat?

It's Tyler, my Finnish Lapphund. Can you see him? Him and Rush seem to have a thing for each other.

• Haha 1

kadoodle
16 hours ago, FiveAus said:

It's Tyler, my Finnish Lapphund. Can you see him? Him and Rush seem to have a thing for each other.

Give Tyler my apologies please; I honestly thought he was a cat at first. Maybe I need my eyes tested.

bubskitkat

They are very cute fluffs 

leosmum
2 hours ago, kadoodle said:

Give Tyler my apologies please; I honestly thought he was a cat at first. Maybe I need my eyes tested.

Kadoodle, I totally understand your confusion, I thought the same!

FiveAus

When Tyler cones to see me in the night, sometimes in my half awake state I see his outline and I think I'm being visited by Batman. He is a bit confusing. Cat, bat, big hairy barking machine. 

60C32F65-1CDA-425A-912F-A1E648BC4815.jpeg.7f5479362c23c6bae26be9dde1013df9.jpeg

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

leosmum
18 minutes ago, FiveAus said:

When Tyler cones to see me in the night, sometimes in my half awake state I see his outline and I think I'm being visited by Batman. He is a bit confusing. Cat, bat, big hairy barking machine. 

What a gorgeous dog Tyler is @FiveAus - now I can see him properly!! He’s got charisma too!

Edited by leosmum

FiveAus
14 minutes ago, leosmum said:

What a gorgeous dog Tyler is @FiveAus - now I can see him properly!! He’s got charisma too!

He is a lovely dog,  he's got the sweetest nature, loves kids, adores everyone, never barks when we get visitors (unlike the Aussies who are deafening) but my god, he barks at absolutely everything else. We have three labradors next door and he can hear them and smell them but he can't see them. So he tells them everything, at the top of his voice. Consequently he stays inside a lot.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

kadoodle
2 hours ago, FiveAus said:

He’s so pretty, and looks so soft. My cats would all try to use him as a heat pad.