FiveAus

Introducing the Quaranteenies.

FiveAus

It's been suggested I put these little ones in their own topic so people can follow their progress, so here they are.

Conceived and born in lockdown, my newest litter of Australian Shepherd puppies, The Quaranteenies. We have two boys and two girls. One of each colour. Their names are Astra (blue merle girl) Kara (black tri girl) Sam (blue merle boy with black patch under right eye) and Conor (black tri boy with boofhead).

They are everything that's good about life right now, they are very precious, very pretty and I am besotted with them.

IMG_1501web.jpg.b5bcf08b7046a68dbd7e10c2e06a798c.jpgIMG_1541web.jpg.850a4980e7a2359f843d3168aa6ea60a.jpgIMG_1544web.jpg.514b67f3ca0af7589eb36557f91ecdcf.jpg

• Like 42
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1

Ozquoll

🥰🥰🥰

Sharalanda

Awww 😍 

BornToLove

They are so cute! 🥰😍

CrankyM

They are seriously adorable and sweet. I'm so glad these precious ones are here safely.

Green Sage

So cute!!!! 
what’s your plans for them? 

cant wait to see them when they’re all fluffy. 

Bethlehem Babe

Awwww. 

TheGreenSheep

Squeal! Theyre very cute!

Vicbitt9

Thank you @FiveAus!!

This is just what I need on a gloomy Friday where my bedroom is 5 steps from my workplace and the kitchen is only 3 steps from my workplace!

Puppies!!!!

caitiri

Awwwww

FiveAus
3 hours ago, ~LemonMyrtle~ said:

So cute!!!! 
what’s your plans for them? 

cant wait to see them when they’re all fluffy. 

At the moment I have several people squabbling over who is buying Sam, the blue merle boy. I have at least 100 people wanting puppies and I plan to hopefully keep one of these (a girl) to show. The short term future is going to be interesting with three puppies available and so, so, so many people wanting to buy them. I've had enquiries from Hawaii, NZ and Singapore. However, they won't be leaving Victoria.

• Like 9

PuddingPlease

They're beautiful. 

The speckle pattern reminds me of the Queensland Heeler my family had when I was growing up.

She was such a wonderful dog. 

TheGreenSheep

I see some Aussie Shepherds walking with their owners regularly and they’re so beautiful. How lovely for the new puppies that they’re staying in Victoria.

leosmum

That’s such a cheering post for a Friday night in lockdown - thanks so much for sharing the gorgeous babies with us FiveAus!

kadoodle

They’re so beautiful, it almost makes me forget just how exhausting puppies are. How’s mum holding up?

Hypnic Jerk

Can we see the tail?

• Like 1

FiveAus
On 15/08/2020 at 1:29 PM, Hypnic Jerk said:

Can we see the tail?

Sorry, I didn't see this before. You can see it here in this mangled Facebook photo. And you can see one with no tail which is my preference.

astratail.jpg

• Like 1

Dawnshade

Omg they are so beautiful. Ive been following you on facebook for years, your dogs are all so beautiful. So glad they are doing well. 

Wow that's a lot of interest. How do you pick??? 

FiveAus
1 hour ago, Dawnshade said:

Omg they are so beautiful. Ive been following you on facebook for years, your dogs are all so beautiful. So glad they are doing well. 

Wow that's a lot of interest. How do you pick??? 

Pick the new owners? Or the puppy to keep?

One  puppies will be going to people who already have a pup I bred and are now ready for a second dog, and one (the blue girl) is likely to go to a family who I met over two years ago at a dog show and who elected to wait longer when they were offered a pup from my litter early last year. They wanted their kids to grow up a bit first and I respect their patience.
The black tri boy may be going overseas into another breeders home, as a show/breeding prospect. We need to see how he grows. If not, he'll go to another one of my previous puppy buyers.

If I keep one it will be the black tri girl. I can only keep what I can successfully show (Aussies with tails don't do well in the show ring) and what I can use to breed with. I already have two boys and that is enough boys for me. Keeping them separate when girls are in season is a pain in the butt. Trying to keep three separate from each other would be a nightmare, and isn't really doable at our place. Keeping the black tri girl means I can eventually mate her to Cash, my older blue merle boy.

If the black tri girl isn't what I want, I'll wait for a future litter.

Given the current restrictions on travel, visitors etc, I'm grateful that I don't have to meet new people to buy my puppies. It would all just be too hard.

• Like 3

Dawnshade

Thank you for sharing, that's super insightful. I always wanted to be an animal breeder growing up, but now Im older I know its not what I thought it was. I did cat fostering for awhile, was very eye opening. These days I just want to worry about my little family. 

Both my parents and I want puppies, they are looking for a friend for their border collie and in the future Ill be looking for my family's first dog. They have unrealistic expectations though, dad still thinks he can pop down to the local pound on a Saturday morning and adopt a small breed puppy for $200. I keep trying to tell him times have changed but he's convinced it will all work out. 

I want a purebred puppy, not sure what breed though. I grew up with kelpie and collies, I love fluffy dogs, but Im not particularly active so wondering if a smaller dog would be better. So hard to know what to do, and then trying to decide what age my daughter should be. She's 12 months now, and loooves animals. Only good thing is looks like Ill be WFH more often then not when the world rights itself. 

Also Cash is the most beautiful dog I think Ive ever seen :)

FiveAus
45 minutes ago, Dawnshade said:

Thank you for sharing, that's super insightful. I always wanted to be an animal breeder growing up, but now Im older I know its not what I thought it was. I did cat fostering for awhile, was very eye opening. These days I just want to worry about my little family. 

Both my parents and I want puppies, they are looking for a friend for their border collie and in the future Ill be looking for my family's first dog. They have unrealistic expectations though, dad still thinks he can pop down to the local pound on a Saturday morning and adopt a small breed puppy for $200. I keep trying to tell him times have changed but he's convinced it will all work out. 

I want a purebred puppy, not sure what breed though. I grew up with kelpie and collies, I love fluffy dogs, but Im not particularly active so wondering if a smaller dog would be better. So hard to know what to do, and then trying to decide what age my daughter should be. She's 12 months now, and loooves animals. Only good thing is looks like Ill be WFH more often then not when the world rights itself. 

Also Cash is the most beautiful dog I think Ive ever seen :)

I didn't particularly want to be a breeder but I've always had a fascination with pedigrees and it was a natural progression from showing my dogs. It's full of heartbreak and it's very expensive. Pandora cost me around $6000 and then I gave her away to my daughter. However, the high points are the puppies and they are fun and adorable and when they get to the stage where they are starting to not be fun and too much work, they get to be someone else's.

Thank you for your comment on Cash, you are not the first person to say that. One lady at work said to me that my dogs are the most beautiful dogs she's ever seen. Which was really lovely to hear.

• Like 2

Not Escapin Xmas

So gorgeous! Would love to see lots more photos 😍😍😍😍

TheGreenSheep

OMG they are so sweet and squishy! Fascinating about the tails. Learn something new every day!
I see Aussie Shepherds walking with families locally and they’re so lovely.

Luci

They are just adorable. Please post some more pics when you have a chance.

Dawnshade
Posted (edited)

That's what I loved about kitten fostering, so fun and cute, and then someone else's problem lol. I never had an issue with letting them go which surprised me, but I could easily differentiate between my cats which I would never let go and my fosters. I wanted to be a breeder because Im fascinated by genetics and colors, but I dont have the dedication required to be a good breeder 

All your dogs a gorgeous. Cash, Eden and Pandora are my favorites. I might be biased on Pandora though as that's my cats name :) I also like your reindeer puppies, so fluffy! I think your photography is really good too, its so fun to watch your dogs grow up. 

I second more photos please when you can.

Edited by Dawnshade