Sign in to follow this  
Sugarplum Poobah

Real estate -- anyone fancy a church conversion?

Sugarplum Poobah
Posted (edited)

For those wishing to escape the rat race 😉

https://www.realestate.com.au/property-other-vic-quambatook-700097942

And in the same town there's this -- which is really gorgeous although the loo is a bit far for the 2am trip. But the pressed metal walls are something else!

https://www.realestate.com.au/property-house-vic-quambatook-131915618

Edited by Sugarplum Poobah
  • Like 1

Silverstreak

Oh my, there are some rather secular artworks inside lol.

I dunno, I love the high ceilings, but I'd personally feel kinda wrong living in an old church, even though I don't follow any particular religion. 

• Like 3

Lesley225
Posted (edited)

All those shrouded pieces of furniture  (?) are a bit spooky!

Edited by Lesley225
  • Like 4

Riotproof

I love the idea of living in an old church, though I’m not sure why. 
That one gives me some bad vibes though. 

• Like 2

IamtheMumma

I love the pictures of naked women around the place. That really screams church 😁

• Haha 2

kimasa

Speaking of old church, sorry off topic but it brought back a memory, any Dandenong Ranges EBers know if the Dutch cafe in the old church in Silvan is still there?

My Grandmother used to live right near there when I was little and I every time we went to see her we had to stop in there to buy me hopjes (which I called "hop-gees")

YodaTheWrinkledOne

A friend lives in a  converted church (modern style, back wall is 2/3 stained glass in blues, greens and yellows). Lovely, but she admits that it's a b**ch of a place to heat in winter.

CrankyM

The roof is stunning on the church. All that timber. But... i don’t know about the rest. 

the 2nd one, that hallway. It would creep me out walking to the loo at 2am. I think you’d need to renovate it to add an en-suite and maybe turn one of the bedrooms into a bathroom. 

• Like 7

GlitteryElfFarts

Love both.

The second one you would just paint over the hallway walls with white or something light and change the mat and lighting.

magic_marker

Church? Really?

Then why the Buddha in the bathtub out back? 

Hahaha

WaitForMe

I've been to an open inspection of a church conversion. They tend to lack windows and natural light and just feel kinda cold and dark and dingy.

• Like 1

Riotproof
2 hours ago, WaitForMe said:

I've been to an open inspection of a church conversion. They tend to lack windows and natural light and just feel kinda cold and dark and dingy.

I guess that's why the bits they redid was with lots of white? 

Ozquoll

Not a fan of church conversions, or at least not from church to residential. The only one I've ever seen done really well was a place in Ireland featured on Grand Designs. 

kadoodle

There’s a church conversion near my place, and it’s beautiful in a southern gothic, neglected kind of way. Geraniums growing  in broken wheelbarrows and a couple of sheep mowing the “lawn”.

How about some suburban crazy?

https://www.realestate.com.au/news/langwarrin-south-quirky-succulent-paradise-for-sale/?rsf=ps%3Afacebook%3Anews%3Avic&fbclid=IwAR19P_7PcVxfFtq5A6hxZYCNfm8Jq-tyaoParbDj1-1dQROgu5-2OzjoH00

• Like 2

PocketIcikleflakes

Eek, they both give me the creeps lol.

That hallway on the second one, if be waiting for the clowns out vampires to jump out at each door 😂 I like a lot of the details, but yikes that hallway!

• Like 1

BadCat
21 hours ago, CrankyM said:

The roof is stunning on the church. All that timber. But... i don’t know about the rest. 

the 2nd one, that hallway. It would creep me out walking to the loo at 2am. I think you’d need to renovate it to add an en-suite and maybe turn one of the bedrooms into a bathroom. 

I could work with the church.

The second one though, forget 2am, I'm not walking down that hallway ever.  That's a murder hallway if ever I've seen one.

• Like 3

Riotproof

Now that one, I like. Even with the curtained wardrobes. 

Pearson
On 12/08/2020 at 3:42 PM, Sugarplum Poobah said:

For those wishing to escape the rat race 😉

https://www.realestate.com.au/property-other-vic-quambatook-700097942

And in the same town there's this -- which is really gorgeous although the loo is a bit far for the 2am trip. But the pressed metal walls are something else!

https://www.realestate.com.au/property-house-vic-quambatook-131915618

That's so far from the rat race... we went to Boort & Barraport in December. So hot. I am assuming Quambatook would be the same.