Gumbette

Flame suit on, ready, set, go - Kerri-Anne Kennerley is gone

Gumbette
Posted (edited)

And I'm over the moon.  I'm sorry if you liked her, but I found her to be a self absorbed racist that should never have been given such a huge platform in the first instance.  I hope she retires into obscurity, or maybe she can go and hang out somewhere with Alan Jones.

Edited by Gumbette
  • Like 31

Lallalla

Alan Jones has not disappeared well enough for my liking 

• Like 25

rosie28

Good. Over the last few weeks she’s said on air that she lied on contact tracing forms in cafes etc. and then raged against people who lied on their forms. Hypocrite, racist and that has no place on our screens. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 3

Lunafreya

I used to like her but went off her

• Like 1

rosie28
9 minutes ago, Lallalla said:

Alan Jones has not disappeared well enough for my liking 

It would be better if he was sent off to another planet to think about what he’s done. 

• Like 1

TigerQueenofSheeba

Didn't see used to be a member here many years ago?

purplekitty

Straight to Sky  I suppose.

Now for Joe Hildebrand.

• Like 8

Ruf~Feral~es
Posted (edited)

Well, this has brightened my day just a tad! :)   

ETA - Just  went to google - I'm a bit disappointed she wasn't fired for her behaviour and awful opinions/viewpoints.  But hey, it will do!  

Edited by Ruf~Feral~es
  • Like 1

molinero

I used to work for a tour company that she would join onto tours with once or twice a year. People would go into a frenzy booking onto the 'kerry anne' tour dates so they could mingle with her. Solid rumour mill throughout the tour company was that she was a grade A b**ch and rude to our pax, who had paid 10s of thousands $ to go on those tours with her. 

Ruf~Feral~es
22 minutes ago, molinero said:

I used to work for a tour company that she would join onto tours with once or twice a year. People would go into a frenzy booking onto the 'kerry anne' tour dates so they could mingle with her. Solid rumour mill throughout the tour company was that she was a grade A b**ch and rude to our pax, who had paid 10s of thousands $ to go on those tours with her. 

I did some work with her a couple of years ago - she was employed to MC and event I was involved in.  I would agree with what you have said.  She wasn't very pleasant to anyone 'beneath' her, including the CEO of our company who was employing her.  Much more interested in having photos with other celebs than the actual people donating money to our cause etc.  Money not well spent in employing her - although she was fairly cheap.  

• Like 2

BadCat

Couldn't be happier to see her go.  Now all that's left is to hope she takes Hildebrand along with her.

• Like 5

Ozquoll

She's not entirely my cup of tea but I am friends with a very lovely person who is good friends with KK, so I assume she has some good features. I do know that before her husband's death she was caring for both him (he was quadraplegic) and her elderly mother in the family home. Couldn't have been easy.

• Like 1

kimasa

Good.

One less racist on TV.

• Like 3

Chchgirl

Good. I never watch her but like her gone nevertheless. 

Chelli

My sister and niece were on her show years ago and my sister said she was lovely to her. I've never really been a fan though. 

Murderino
3 hours ago, Ruf~Feral~es said:

Well, this has brightened my day just a tad! :)   

ETA - Just  went to google - I'm a bit disappointed she wasn't fired for her behaviour and awful opinions/viewpoints.  But hey, it will do!  

My sister and I think they got rid of her this way as people like us might watch that stupid show as they got rid of her but the racists don’t get angry because she wasn’t sacked for that.

• Like 1

YodaTheWrinkledOne

Not particularly upset that KAK is gone.

Wasn't a huge fan of Tim Bailey the WeatherMan either. His weather segments have irritated for years! 

• Like 3

Luci

I was sorry to hear that Natarsha Belling was also given the flick. I quite liked her and apparently she had been with Channel 10 for about 20 years.  

• Like 9

Lucrezia Bauble

i really like Natarsha Belling - she used to host these Women in Media functions that i often attended and she was really good. i feel bad for so many people in media losing their jobs, many colleagues of mine have gone over the past few months, it’s heartbreaking - it almost feel churlish to feel happy at a person’s loss, even if i don’t agree with their politics BUT - KAK has really lost the plot over the past 10 or so years. She’s close to retirement age anyway(?) and she’s pretty well off, so. yeh...can’t say i’m sorry to see her go. 

• Like 5

TheGreenSheep
33 minutes ago, YodaTheWrinkledOne said:

Not particularly upset that KAK is gone.

Wasn't a huge fan of Tim Bailey the WeatherMan either. His weather segments have irritated for years! 

His leather weathered skin always distracted me from what he was actually saying. I see that going with KAK is 24 others. That’s massive in free to air. I’m gobsmacked that they can afford to pay their project stars, they’re paid a small fortune. Interesting times ahea for everyone on tv.

TheGreenSheep
1 minute ago, Lucrezia Bauble said:

i really like Natarsha Belling - she used to host these Women in Media functions that i often attended and she was really good. 

My bestie knows her from Uni days. Said she was a stuck up ladder climber.

Dustyblue

Couldn't agree more that KAK is no loss. 

Curious about the Hildebrand dislike though... I don't think he's a great tv presenter but he's way smarter than the rest of them. I quite enjoy his news articles. What is it about him people think is on KAK-level?

• Like 1

Lucrezia Bauble

Hildebrand has had a couple of um “interesting” takes on various issues, but of course now i’m positing in this thread none can immediately come to mind! i don’t follow him on twitter but he often comes up on my feed ...the algorithm gives his tweets to me for some reason, maybe i follow people he follows. anyway, he seems to follow this pattern: tweets something with a dog whistle to racism or sexism, gets called out for it, doubles down for a bit then backflips or throws up the whole “cancel culture is bad” chestnut. i think i bookmarked something a while ago - will try to find it. i actually think he’s quite the misogynist. 

• Like 9

Riotproof
12 minutes ago, Dustyblue said:

Couldn't agree more that KAK is no loss. 

Curious about the Hildebrand dislike though... I don't think he's a great tv presenter but he's way smarter than the rest of them. I quite enjoy his news articles. What is it about him people think is on KAK-level?

He’s a bit of a tool. Always always thinks he knows everything and quite often has a very shallow take on it. Actually shallow is a good descriptor. 

• Like 3

IamOzgirl

I was more horrified by Sarah Harris when the women who tweeted about masks allowing men to leer...

Way to cut a woman down. And not believe he in this post #metoo world.