Rowena777

After school - what do your teens do ?

suzyr

My 16 year old daughter works at a part time job 3 to 4 shifts a week, goes to teenage pilates on a Thursday and has heaps of homework each night.   She finds time to screentime in between doing these things which I think is fine. I don't mind her having downtime...

chiars

13DD does two sports in winter but has the game for one and training for the other on the same night! So that day is always a rush but the other days are more relaxed.

She catches the bus home, has an afternoon snack while watching YouTube  or Tik Tok and then homework. She does homework at the kitchen table so also unpacks the dishwasher and helps with dinner as needed. Sometimes she will walk the dog.

We have a rule of no phone/laptop between 6-8pm as this is 'family time.' It doesn't mean no TV as sometimes we will watch something together, or she will hang out with her dad in the music room or lay on the couch reading. We do notice she grabs her phone as soon as it's 8pm but then it has to go back on the charger in the kitchen at 8.45pm for the night.

I sometimes which she had friends who lived closer who she could hang out with after school though.

EPZ

13YO - Covid lock down stage 4 at the moment!  Usually tennis twice a week ,  1hr homework, guitar practice, reading before bed.  TBH there is no time for screen time!  We have a massive tramp out the back too, so he will be on that 'airing out' (as I like to call it! LOL).