eponee

The Block 2020

eponee

Starts on Sunday August 23!!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Jenflea

Can't wait! It'll be good to see actual houses done this year, not fancy apartments for once. 

• Like 4

eponee

Yes, I enjoy houses more

• Like 1

SarahBelle48

I don't understand why it isn't starting for another 2 weeks or more? Ninja Warrior finishes tonight and yes there is one more special next sunday but then surely it can start next Monday?

eponee

I'm pretty sure that filming was disrupted because of COVID, therefore pushing back the airing date

steppy

I didn't even watch last year's. I just can't do Scotty and Keith anymore.  And all the boring drama. 

• Like 1

Dusty

Brilliant!

JustCurious100

We are watching. DH and I might have already eaten 8 squares of chocolate each before the queensland team introduction was finished. 

JustCurious100

Also, what are those deep concrete pits in the backyards? Pools already? 

I must say though, from the previews, I feel like the interior is the same as every other year

• Like 2

Jenflea

I got bored watching all the couples being introduced. 

Not a huge amount of diversity as someone on FB mentioned, that's for sure. 

I'll FF tomorrow (Vera's on tonight!) and see the rest.  I think I'd choose the 50's house if I was on it. I love mid century modern!

• Like 1

eponee

Those houses are so close together.  I'd hate to live that close to my neighbours

• Like 5

Scootaloo
25 minutes ago, eponee said:

Those houses are so close together.  I'd hate to live that close to my neighbours

That is what I thought too, and the plans showed them with large gardens in between the houses, not realistic at all. And those pools are tiny 

• Like 1

Bethlehem Babe
5 minutes ago, Scootaloo said:

That is what I thought too, and the plans showed them with large gardens in between the houses, not realistic at all. And those pools are tiny 

Yes, would have liked to have seen how they would look in a streetscape and the overshadowing of the big builds onto one another. 

• Like 1

all-of-us

All the couples except for the father/daughter in their introduction stated what they did for a living.  Further in the episode they say the father works in IT but never mention what the daughter does.  Maybe she does a roll that may make them have a unfair advantage?

eponee
17 minutes ago, all-of-us said:

All the couples except for the father/daughter in their introduction stated what they did for a living.  Further in the episode they say the father works in IT but never mention what the daughter does.  Maybe she does a roll that may make them have a unfair advantage?

According to The Block page on nineNow, she is a social media project manager, whatever that is

Paddlepop

Must.not.watch. I'm pretty sure I've watched every season of The Block but I'm going to try not to watch it this time. I'm disgusted with Scott Cam and the deal he did with Scomo, his general a*s*hole attitude, and the general bullsh*t over the top-ness of the decorating. DH hates The Block and bristles just at the ads. 

However I am going to "watch" vicariously through this thread. 

• Like 2

all-of-us

My next question-:  if they have money left over from the weekly budget do they get to keep it for the following week or does it get taken back?  

Love the idea of it being fair and gives a better idea of costing 

Nozycat

I read they get to keep it.

Trevor Trove

That girl - Tash? Saying she hates 'stained glass windows'. It's leadlight love.

Poor old house!!!

eponee

I'm already sick of all the crying

• Like 3

Jenflea

I've only watched the first episode, but if you can't do ONE bedroom then maybe the Block isn't for you. 

And I do hope the Greek father and daughter team don't bang on about Greece all the time, we get enough of that on Gogglebox!

BlackBetty

I feel I say this every year at this stage... I am finding it really hard to enjoy it so far

• Like 1

all-of-us

Yes we are also over the crying and Tash saying the decisions were difficult to make  when you get given your house on Sunday, tradies start at 7am Monday (are trades arranged this year for contestants?) and wardrobe people turning up at 9.   

I would have thought Sunday night would have been when they would have studied the plans and started planning the room? 

But am looking forward to the houses coming to life 

Jenflea

I'm already sick of Tash and her dad. 

I quite like the farmers (Luke and?) and the 1950's couple. 

• Like 1

JustCurious100

How can you have a classic contemporary home?