steppingonlego

Any fix for discoloured tile

steppingonlego
O.P.

We had our house painted and the painter dropped some on the bathroom floor it sort of seeped into the tile (I think the tiles are a ceramic matt kind of tile so porous unfortunately)

I stupidly tried fixing it with vinegar and hot water which now looks like sort of bleached scuff marks

I am wondering if there is any fix ? I gather replacing them is the only way to fix them.

Kicking myself

Getting in touch with the painter isn’t really an option he was not a pleasant person and having to deal with him is far too stressful

C52CB556-DD7F-4FFD-9582-3494319EEC3D.jpeg

EsmeLennox

I’ve no idea, but it looks quite minor? I bet you’re the only person who notices it.

• Like 3

steppingonlego

Thanks @EsmeLennox there is several of them that look like that unfortunately if it was one or two I wouldn’t mind so much 

PocketIcikleflakes

All I can offer is sympathy really. I know how upsetting it is to have substandard work or damage done and the tradie turns out to be a jerk.

Have you tried calling the tile supplier of the know them? Or a time store or tile layer may be able to help?

EsmeLennox
2 hours ago, steppingonlego said:

Thanks @EsmeLennox there is several of them that look like that unfortunately if it was one or two I wouldn’t mind so much 

Bugger.

Maybe seek the advice of a tiler? I think they can cut out and replace tiles, although with some risk of breakage of the others.

steppingonlego

Thanks guys I will call the tile supplier and see if they can suggest anything 

nasty buddha
Posted (edited)

Yes call a tile supplier. I have gotten stains out of stone tiles using stain remover. Perhaps there is a similar product for ceramic tile?  

Sorry that it happened it would annoy me too .

Edited by nasty buddha

YodaTheWrinkledOne

If they are your bathroom floor tiles, I am not sure that replacing them would be a simple solution. I would have thought that removing the tiles is likely to impact the waterproofing membrane underneath?