Flower89

Love2Dream

Flower89

Hello,

Just wondering if anyone had some experience with these swaddles? I am considering buying some for our bubs but am a little overwhelmed. Are they all they are cracked up to be? Also unsure what TOG and size to start with.. Babe will be born late Nov/early Dec all going well.

Thanks 😃

22Fruitmincepies

They worked well for my babies. Personally I’d wait and see if your baby likes the regular swaddling with a cloth before buying any. My babies preferred to sleep with their hands up and hated swaddling, but plenty of babies love regular swaddling. 

• Like 3

onetrick

My babies have both loved them and they are super easy, but I would try to get one or two second hand if you can. They are so expensive brand new and so many babies dont like them.

Just my opinion!

RichardParker

First DS loved his and practically lived in it until he grew out of it. He’s a Jan baby so we used the lowest TOG, then an extra blanket if necessary.

Second DS hated his- wanted his hands free.  

They’re a bit expensive so if you can, get a hand-me-down first and then buy if Baby approves. 

SplashingRainbows

My babies loved them. Worth every cent to me. I had several so they could be washed. A standard weight should be ok for a newborn in summer. They can’t heat themselves well at that age if I recall correctly. 

Fluffy Potatoes

Ds1 would get really stressed having his hands by his head and preferred the Ergo Cocoons with his hands on his chest/tummy. 

Jelly11
Posted (edited)

As others have said, it can depend on the baby but my girl loved them. November baby we had a 1.0 tog to start then added a 2.5 tog when we moved up a size and the weather was cooling down more. I'm in Tas though so no really hot weather. I found them so much easier than swaddling in a more traditional wrap as it was so much quicker and easier to just unzip for nappy changes overnight rather than having to completely reswaddle each time.

Eta size wise my baby was small so I had a newborn size but can't remember how long she fit in it. A lot of babies I think could go straight into a size small and if not, maybe worth waiting until bub fits small if you want to save some money as it is a lot of money if they won't fit in the newborn size for long.

Edited by Jelly11
Addition

blackcat20

I use the ergo pouch ones, she had her hands tucked in till about four months then I popped open the sides and she had them out. I use a 0.2 or 1 tog in warmer weather then the 2.5 or 3.5 in colder weather. Last year I put a blanket over the 2.5 but once she started moving around I moved to the 3.5 without a blanket.

Ellie bean

My babies both loved them and lived in them,  I think ds spent his whole first summer in just these and a nappy (lightest weight- Perth) but yes I would probably just get one and see if your baby likes it as I know some don’t 

JomoMum

We didn’t use them with DS1 nearly 7 years ago now, but DS2 was born last Dec and we used them from the start. I hate swaddling with a muslin, with a passion. 
He absolutely loved it. Well, I assume he did. He would happily burrow into the little book in his neck created when he had his arms up. He took a good 6 weeks to transition to both arms out (and is now at 7.5 months in merino kids sleeping bags), but I am definitely a convert. 

Definitely give it a try. There are some Batavian for second hand ones on eBay. And for newborns, they’re in as new condition because they *generally* aren’t sucking the wing heaps at that point. 

Id go with a 1 tog to start. We did 0.5 tog on hot days, and are just selling our 2.5 winter ones. 

Beanette

DS hated them and would scream and cry whenever I tried them, he was swaddled the old fashioned way in a muslin wrap

DD loved them and slept in them really well, hated the Ergopouch ones I bought and she could bust out of a muslin wrap too easily. She did suck the wings like crazy so all of ours are all gross and discoloured. 

I would just buy one and see how they like it, it's such a gamble! 

Bono25

We used the ergo and plum pouches. I personally don't like love2dream. I feel they are too tight around the hips. That's just my opinion, but I was really paranoid about that. Dd is 3 and still sleeps like a frog lol 

-Emissary-

I’d wait and see if your bub likes to be swaddle in blankets or not.

I got DS2 a lovetodream swaddle around the one month age. He slept a lot better in them and have been in them until recently. He likes to sleep with his arms up. 

He was a late December baby so I had him in 0.5 tog until March and then swapped over to 2.5 tog until beginning of August. I now have him in Ergopouch because they’re 3.5 tog and he has learnt how to roll. 

They’re not cheap but you can usually grab them on eBay or on sale at baby bunting. I got two bags in both togs and rotated them out every third day. 

Crazyone26989

I initially had love to dream but DS had a strong startle reflex and often woke himself in them. We changed to Ergopouch and it was a game changer! I love that the Ergopouch ones can be used with arms out once they are bigger too. DS is 1 now and still sleeps in an Ergopouch sleep suit bag. They are so cosy! 

Flower89

Thanks everyone 😃