Sign in to follow this  
nom_de_plume

Clothes for almost 7yo girl

nom_de_plume

DD is growing like a weed and needs new clothing. 

I'm in Vic so my usual op shops and BSS groups are not an option. Best and Less and Target are out of a lot of stock. I haven't checked Kmart yet but not a fan of their sizing and quality.

Where do people shop for this age group? I'm happy to spend a little bit extra for good quality.

Riotproof

Is she long and skinny? I quite liked milky for ds at the same age, and the girls stuff always looked good too. I used to get at tk maxx but they have an online store too. 

ainira

I've liked the quality of clothes from Myer for my DD. During their sales, I think girls' tops were about $10 on average, some sub $10.

• Like 2

spr_maiden
Posted (edited)

Cotton on kids for tights and dresses. Tees on sale from Myers and dangerfield kids (though DF kids only goes to size 6 which means only their separates work for my skinny but tall 7yr old). 

Eta: I just checked DF kids and woohooooo they now go up to 8/9. DD wears the tees and skirt from there to death and they are still in great shape!

Edited by spr_maiden
Correction and excitement

RPM

If a size 8 will fit (my 7 year olds were both quite big), the Milkshake brand from Myer is good quality and not too expensive.

• Like 3

ainira
18 minutes ago, RPM said:

If a size 8 will fit (my 7 year olds were both quite big), the Milkshake brand from Myer is good quality and not too expensive.

Yes that was the brand I got for my DD, but I only bought during the big Myer sales 🙂

• Like 1

Prancer is coming

H and M have some nice things.  

• Like 1

nom_de_plume

She's an average height/weight I think. Would wear a 7/8 depending on the cut of clothing.

Thankyou for all these suggestions 🙂 we will indulge in some online shopping this weekend!

kerilyntaryn

Big W

kimasa
Posted (edited)

We get a fair bit from Big W just because it's closest to us. Their leggings are really thin so not great for winter but other than that everything is pretty good.

They have really nice knit jumpers.

Edited by kimasa

UniKitty

Next online.

Excellent quality for the low price

José

Country road. Minti. 

• Like 1

JomoMum
2 hours ago, UniKitty said:

Next online.

Excellent quality for the low price

Yes! I ordered pretty much both boys entire summer wardrobes from them a few weeks ago. Fantastic quality. 

50 minutes ago, José said:

Country road. Minti. 

Country Road is our go to when we want good quality items. We buy a few basics each season and they are always nearly as new after a year or more of wear. 

Cotton on kids has great range for girls.

Silvers

I love Seed clothing for kids - great quality and reasonably priced when on sale.

purpleblaze

Zara

SplashingRainbows

Oobi. Ethical fashion for girls  

https://www.oobi.com.au

I always buy on sale and it has lasted beautifully. I get a number of pieces that mix and match and that helps the items go further as I pair them with different basics to create different outfits. 

nom_de_plume

I ended up getting a heap of stuff on sale from Dangerfield, Myer and Country Road. I've ordered a couple things from Next as well but they've not yet arrived.

I ordered size 8 in everything (most items are just a little too big) but the Dangerfield sizing is extremely generous so almost all of their clothes (except for one dress) will be for next year.

MsLaurie

Another one to check next time is Carter’s. Some very good deals, and lots of bright colours.

rosie28

Marks and Spencer, Oobi, milkshake from Myer, Zara. 

PuddingPlease
On 07/08/2020 at 4:12 PM, José said:

Country road. Minti. 

Minti stuff is lovely, do you have  any idea when their summer range will be released? They make the most durable t-shirts I've ever seen.

hmmph

I like Boden, they have good long shorts and have had stuff like girls bathers with dinosaurs, which suited my kid.

spr_maiden
1 hour ago, nom_de_plume said:

I ended up getting a heap of stuff on sale from Dangerfield, Myer and Country Road. I've ordered a couple things from Next as well but they've not yet arrived.

I ordered size 8 in everything (most items are just a little too big) but the Dangerfield sizing is extremely generous so almost all of their clothes (except for one dress) will be for next year.

That's handy to know re DF - the items we bought were good size but yes,  now I think on it the skirt was decent size 6 if fit my 7yr old nicely. 

• Like 1

José
2 hours ago, PuddingPlease said:

Minti stuff is lovely, do you have  any idea when their summer range will be released? They make the most durable t-shirts I've ever seen.

End of September available for purchase.  

• Thanks 1

nom_de_plume
1 hour ago, spr_maiden said:

That's handy to know re DF - the items we bought were good size but yes,  now I think on it the skirt was decent size 6 if fit my 7yr old nicely. 

It's not a bad thing. She'll grow so they will fit her soon enough!

I have enough to see us through at the moment. The grandparents usually buy her heaps of clothes at Christmas time, and hopefully some stores will also be open by then.

I have 9 bags of kids clothes, shoes and linen ready to go to the op shop when it reopens!

• Like 1