Sign in to follow this  
Wonderstruck

NDIS self managed claim issue - help

Wonderstruck

We are self managed on NDIS. She goes to physio and OT at the same practice and the fee is the same for each. This week we started doing both appointments on the same day. 

Today I tried to claim the 2 receipts and it has rejected 1 saying it's already submitted. 

The date and amount are the same but the details are different. 

Any ideas on what I am doing wrong? 

CrankyM
Posted (edited)

You need to make them very slightly different unfortunately or it’s thinks they are the same. It’s a stupid quirk if the system. I’d just put a different date and then put in the note field down the bottom “date actually xx” and also make sure you note this in the invoice. When it happens again, just deduct 1c from one invoice and add it to the other. That’s what I was told to do by NDIS. You can’t have a invoice for same day and same amount from the same budget. It’s stupid. 

Edited by CrankyM
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

Lees75

Because they both come out of the capacity building budget, the portal assumes you are making a mistake and trying to claim the same appointment twice. Normally you would combine them and claim them at the same time. Just enter the 2nd one with yesterday’s date and write a note on the invoice in case you are audited.

• Like 3

MsLaurie

The other way you can do it is claim as one total amount , and put “OT and Physio x date”. You have the receipts, it’s a known stupidity of the system, it won’t be a problem.

• Like 3

Wonderstruck

Thank you all. That's super helpful. It's really frustrating as I'm sure lots of kids have more than one therapy in a day!

sarahec

Same thing happened to me. I called Ndis and they said to put one in with the date of day before  Or after and next time to claim total amount so $180 then in comments just to write both services.