Sign in to follow this  
Dustyblue

Where to buy shoes/boots online?

Dustyblue
Posted (edited)

I've never been keen on buying clothes/shoes online, due to the whole risk of doesn't fit/don't like it and must return it :)

But I really need new winter boots- I'm in a small town in Vic with 1 good shoe shop, but their boots this year aren't great. And I can't drive from a stage 3 lockdown area merrily into Stage 4 to buy boots!

Any good sites recommended? I figure with boots you get a bit more leeway, at least if they're a bit big you can just wear thick socks.

Taa in advance :)

Edited by Dustyblue
sp

22Fruitmincepies

Frankie4 are great with the ability to adjust the fit of the shoe, and the shoes are very comfortable. Their Nat leather sneakers are my most frequently worn shoe. 

• Like 1

Let-it-go

Styletread.  Free delivery and free returns.  So order a few pairs, send back what you don’t want.  They are pretty quick with refunds. 

• Like 2

Ozquoll

Paul Carroll has beautiful boots. Quite $$$ though.

www.paulcarroll.com.au

ECCO are very comfortable and have a small range of nice styles.

Www.ecco.com

For a large range, www.theiconic.com.au

• Like 2

José

Bared footwear

• Like 1

Let-it-go
16 minutes ago, José said:

Bared footwear

I love Bared boots but if you do decide to order, do engage with their online customer service team first.  Many styles won’t suit narrow feet, I always check first.  I find their sizing quite big too.  They are based in Melbourne and did say on their Instagram page yesterday they were operating online but you might want to double check.  If you get it right, their shoes are fabulous.

• Like 1

Hands Up

Ecco are great! This year though I got my ankle boots from Nine West online. They are true to size and lasting well so far 

• Like 2

can'tstayaway

I’m a fan of Ecco too. 

• Like 2

Ghost Girl

I use Brands House Direct, I have had  to return one pair over the years I have been purchasing from them, I ordered completely the wrong size. One should never shoe shop at 3am, especially when sleep deprived 🤣🤣🤣

https://www.brandhousedirect.com.au

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Charli73

I second Styletread, great with returns, they’re free no hassles at all.. and the range is huge.. they just sent me a $15 voucher so I used it to get a $100 adidas runners, no postage winning! As far as hassle free returns go styletread is right up there. 

I do have Frankie 4 shoes and they are hideously expensive and don’t do returns on sale items.. (store credit instead) and there’s a heap of rules around the sale price blah blah, not worth it.. 

• Like 2

QuisbySchmoo

I third Styletread. :) And for brands, my most fav winter boots that I wear and wear are my Josef Seibel's and my Planet boots.  Both brands are available at Styletread and sizing is bang on.

• Like 1

Dustyblue

Wow thanks so much for all these replies! 

Will have a lovely browsing session tonight, cheers :)

DaLittleEd

I agree with PPs, ECCO are great. Paul Caroll is amazing too, I  bought my wedding shoes from them.

can'tstayaway

Also just remembered Duoboots. They’re in the UK and actually went under earlier this year but due to support and a new investor, they’ve been able to reopen. 

I originally saw lots of recommendations on EB for them and my boots are over 10 years old and still look great.  I haven’t worn them in the last 3 yrs though because of weight gain.  I liked that they could customise the calf width because prior to that, I couldn’t buy knee high boots off the shelf because I would swim in them.

https://duoboots.com