Jump to content
seayork2002

Fluffy silly question

Recommended Posts

seayork2002

Why does my phone tell me the weather right now, I get tomorrow and later but can't I just look out the window as see what the weather is?

Feel free to add your own if your bored like me

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ozquoll

I find it a useful feature actually - it's hard to tell how cold it is outside without going out there and acclimatising for a few minutes 🤔. Or sometimes in summer I feel really overheated but when I check the BOM app it's only 23 degrees 😅!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TigerQueenofSheeba

I constantly have a thousand of these questions running through my head and always mean to post, but right now they are all gone lol.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
can'tstayaway
Posted (edited)
On 04/08/2020 at 4:54 PM, seayork2002 said:

Why does my phone tell me the weather right now, I get tomorrow and later but can't I just look out the window as see what the weather is?

Because peri menopausal me thinks it’s stinking hot in winter and can not understand why everyone else is complaining about the cold.  Beanie?  Why do you need a beanie?  Who’s been wearing a woollen jumper that needs its own wash load? 🤣 

My question is - why do I feel bone tired and barely able to keep my eyes open but as soon as I am in bed, I’m awake and can’t sleep?

Edited by can'tstayaway
Stupid autocorrect
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SeaPrincess
On 04/08/2020 at 5:31 PM, Ozquoll said:

I find it a useful feature actually - it's hard to tell how cold it is outside without going out there and acclimatising for a few minutes 🤔. Or sometimes in summer I feel really overheated but when I check the BOM app it's only 23 degrees 😅!

Same. When I'm getting ready to walk the dog at 6.30am, I don't want to have to go outside to see just how cold it actually is! Just tell me how many layers of clothing I'm going to need to wear!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TigerQueenofSheeba

Here are some random questions..

- How do actors feel about watching their actor partners/husbands/wives do sex scenes in movies/tv?

- How much do radio show hosts get paid? Especially morning show hosts? They are often in various places at various times - I hope they get paid a lot. Sometimes it seems like their 'on' 24/7.

- Why hasn't someone assassinated Donald Trump yet?

I have plenty more. I'll be back... 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MadMarchMasterchef

I might have mentioned this before but why is Feb 28/29 days and others 31,  why not have most months with 30 days?  

This bugs me constantly as I write scripts for processes that happen on certain dates and I always have to account for number of days in month. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
71Cath

I think its something to do with trips around the sun MMM

Why are teenagers so moody?  Why do they do things that I would have been flayed alive for when I was a teenager?

Why are tracksuit pants socially unacceptable?  They are warm and comfy.

Why do rich people always think they know better than everyone else?

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Etta
12 hours ago, can'tstayaway said:

Because peri menopausal me thinks it’s stinking hot in winter and can not understand why everyone else is complaining about the cold.  Beanie?  Why do you need a beanie?  Who’s been wearing a woollen jumper that needs its own wash load? 🤣 

My question is - why do I feel bone tired and barely able to keep my eyes open but as soon as I am in bed, I’m awake and can’t sleep?

I think you have answered your question in your first sentence.

My question is - why does my cat keep sitting on my knee while I am trying to work or sew instead of curling up with a comatose member of the family? She is on my arm. It will be a long day of one-handed typing.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bandwagon
1 hour ago, Etta said:

my knee while

You are the chosen one. Accept it 😻

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JustCurious100
4 hours ago, 71Cath said:

Why are tracksuit pants socially unacceptable?  They are warm and comfy.

To add to this, why aren't they used as a work uniform in place of dress pants?

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
seayork2002

I think we should be able to wear slippers and dressing gowns to work 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MadMarchMasterchef

why does morning sickness make people vomit, right when they are growing a baby, which is when they need nutrition the most?  

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hypnic Jerk

DD is allergic to our Guinea Pigs.  Or their bedding.

does that mean she’d also be likely to be allergic to dogs?  Coz I really want one and the GPs set her eczema off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
*Marty*
4 hours ago, seayork2002 said:

I think we should be able to wear slippers and dressing gowns to work 

:ph34r: Some of us do.  I have standards though.  I usually wear trackies too.  Im a bit like this though....

Funny-Zoom-Meetings

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
hmmph
10 hours ago, MadMarchMasterchef said:

I might have mentioned this before but why is Feb 28/29 days and others 31,  why not have most months with 30 days?  

This bugs me constantly as I write scripts for processes that happen on certain dates and I always have to account for number of days in month. 

I learnt about this in primary school! It's the Romans. Something to do with  Augustus Ceasar wanting the same number of days in his month as his brother Julius (July) had, so he took a day from Feb and added it to his month (August). I can't remember if July and August were added as months at the same time, or if they were added separately. Wonder if that's even close to the truth 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ozquoll
3 hours ago, MadMarchMasterchef said:

why does morning sickness make people vomit, right when they are growing a baby, which is when they need nutrition the most?  

Also - since pregnancy is a requirement for keeping the human race going, why is it so GODDAMN AWFUL 😠?!!!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BadCat

Why were bras invented? What misogynist nightmare thought that was a good idea?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
seayork2002
10 minutes ago, BadCat said:

Why were bras invented? What misogynist nightmare thought that was a good idea?

You mean over the shoulder boulder holders?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ozquoll
10 minutes ago, BadCat said:

Why were bras invented? What misogynist nightmare thought that was a good idea?

Bras suck, but imagine how awesome they must have seemed to women who'd been wearing corsets their whole adult life 😄

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jenflea

I'd far rather a bra to foot binding. 

Humans have STUPID ideas of beauty!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TigerQueenofSheeba
10 hours ago, Jenflea said:

I'd far rather a bra to foot binding. 

Humans have STUPID ideas of beauty!

I just looked up foot binding. Omg that is horrible. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ellie bean
13 hours ago, BadCat said:

Why were bras invented? What misogynist nightmare thought that was a good idea?

As an F cup I’m grateful they were, it’s painful to get around without one!

but HAVING to wear one if you dont want to, yeah that’s stupid 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ainira
Posted (edited)
On 04/08/2020 at 4:54 PM, seayork2002 said:

Why does my phone tell me the weather right now, I get tomorrow and later but can't I just look out the window as see what the weather is?

Feel free to add your own if your bored like me

I can attest to what can seem to be sunny weather with bright blue skies in the middle of a Canberra winter is a trap -- still always absolutely freezing outside! I always use the weather app to determine how much to rug up before venturing out 😄

Edited by ainira
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tinky Winky Woo

Why can't we have daylight savings all year round?  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...