Sign in to follow this  
Sandra

Due in April 2021 Chat #1

Sandra

Welcome to your group everyone, congrats to you all  :)

Please take time to read the pinned guidelines  :)

Regards

avocado toast
Posted (edited)

Hi everyone

I am 5w3d pregnant with a surprise 3rd! Husband and I weren’t very careful so I took the morning after pill and unfortunately it didn’t work....

I am still a bit in shock but I’m getting used to it. I have two daughters aged 4 and 2.5. 

I am also in Melbourne so we are in stage 4 lockdown :(

Edited by avocado toast

CKay

Hi all!

According to dates, should be 5+1 today. We're pregnant with #4, little bit of a surprise. We were talking about trying but leaning toward a no and had planned to decide whether to try by end of this month. No deciding necessary now!

Looking forward to getting to know people on the journey!

• Like 1

CKay
17 minutes ago, avocado toast said:

I am still a bit in shock but I’m getting used to used. I have two daughters aged 4 and 2.5. 

I am also in Melbourne so we are in stage 4 lockdown :(

Hi avocado toast!

We have a 4 (nearly 5) yr old, a 3.5 and 2yr old. This is going to be fun! Sorry you're in lockdown at the moment, it's really hard with toddlers hey ☹ 

avocado toast

Hi!

wow 4 kids! How did you find the transition from 2 to 3?

jb_85

Hi girls

I have #2 on board and are currently 5+2. We have our first scan booked for next Thursday which feels like. Ages away!!I am a very anxious pregnant person we had 3 losses prior to DS and I lost a tube in the process, so to get pregnant on our second treatment cycle (I need help to ovulate as I don’t do it on my own) is pretty amazing but I still know what can happen. We are in Melbourne to and staying at home with a toddler all day is driving me up the wall and I don’t even have morning sickness yet

Impervious Curtsey
Posted (edited)

Hi all! I'm 4 + something weeks pregnant with #3. My first two are 19 months apart and I would have liked the 3rd with a similar gap but it took a while to get hubby on board so there'll be about 2 years 8 months between this one and my youngest. However we did manage to get pregnant first go this time (only had my IUD removed on 1st July); it took us 8 months for our first! So hoping this one stays in there! I'm in Adelaide

Edited by Impervious Curtsey

CKay

@avocado toast actually the transition wasn't too bad, a bit more tricky getting out and with 3 initially when I was by myself but got into a rhythm pretty quickly.

@jb_85 fx it's a smooth journey for you. I had some dramas and lost a tube with my last one, I can't quite get comfortable yet with this one.

@Impervious Curtsey we have small age gaps and didn't think I would but have really liked that. This one will be a much bigger gap so that will be something really new for me!

nikkidee

Hi all, I am due on April 10 with a complete unplanned baby #4.  We thought we were finished at 3 babies but are ready excited for a 4th little one. I had an hcg draw yesterday and am nervously waiting to see how the levels are going after I do the follow up tomorrow 

• Like 1

NeedSleepNow

I’m tentatively here after a couple of positive BFP’s... they are still light though, so could end up as a chemical pregnancy. 
This would be baby number 4 for us too. It’s nice to see a few others also having number 4!

avocado toast

I’d been feeling really sick all week but yesterday the morning sickness went away and hasn’t returned. I’m a bit concerned.

i have a dating scan on Friday so I guess I’ll find out if anything is wrong then

CKay

How are you feeling @avocado toast

Bit quiet in here, maybe it's just April? How are people doing?

NeedSleepNow

Good luck avocado toast!

I’m having my first blood test tomorrow. I’m not confident as the clearblue digital is still saying 1-2 weeks (so 3-4 weeks), but it should be saying 2-3... I’ll try again in the morning to mentally prepare myself for a low result on the bloods!

how are you doing CKay?

avocado toast

Thanks, I felt pretty rubbish today so I’m taking that as a good sign! I’m also exhausted, had to have a nap yesterday and today to just get through the day....won’t be able to do that again until next weekend!

how is everyone else going?

Impervious Curtsey

Nothing to report here, boobs are still getting a bit bigger and more painful so I'm taking that as a good sign, but no nausea or tiredness yet. I don't see the GP until Friday and I don't know that they'll want to do a dating scan because in pretty sure on dates, but I'd really like one because I'll relax more once I've seen a heartbeat! 

CKay

I'm doing ok. It's just a bit of a nervous wait really, have a dating scan tommorow so I'm hoping if all is well I'll relax a little after that. Had a bit of spotting yesterday which freaked me out because I never had any spotting with the first 3 kids, but I'm hoping I just overdid it with a run . The nausea has been on and off, there were a few days last week I felt nothing but today I woke up feeling like I had a hangover so I'm thinking that's good.

@NeedSleepNow fx your bloods are all good. I did mine on Sat on would you believe my GP (who is wonderful) didn't include HCG on the form! I didn't even notice until they were taking the blood and kept double checking the form. I'm going to talk to my GP later and see if she wants to check I'm even pregnant 😂

NeedSleepNow
4 minutes ago, CKay said:

I'm doing ok. It's just a bit of a nervous wait really, have a dating scan tommorow so I'm hoping if all is well I'll relax a little after that. Had a bit of spotting yesterday which freaked me out because I never had any spotting with the first 3 kids, but I'm hoping I just overdid it with a run . The nausea has been on and off, there were a few days last week I felt nothing but today I woke up feeling like I had a hangover so I'm thinking that's good.

@NeedSleepNow fx your bloods are all good. I did mine on Sat on would you believe my GP (who is wonderful) didn't include HCG on the form! I didn't even notice until they were taking the blood and kept double checking the form. I'm going to talk to my GP later and see if she wants to check I'm even pregnant 😂

Oh no!! My ob ordered mine, so I’ll have a repeat test on Wednesday. If you have a dating scan tomorrow then I wouldn’t bother with bloods! Hopefully all is well!!

CKay

Well, dating scan done and confirms dates so 6+1 today. Bit the bullet and booked in with my OB. Checked with my GP and she said she doesn't worry  about  checking HCG unless she thinks it will need to be compared at a later date. She must be pretty confident in this pregnancy! Or, poor 4th child, standards slide even more 😂

• Like 2

NeedSleepNow

I wouldn’t think there is any point checking HCG now you have had a dating scan etc... I don’t think HCG is very meaningful after about 5-6 weeks.... if anything was an issue from here, you would just need another ultrasound! Even comparing at a later date wouldn’t mean much now!

jb_85

Had my first scan with my OB today, measuring 6+2 And heartbeat of 125, went in panicking and as I'm in Melbourne I had to go alone, lucky it went smoothly. Going back in a couple of weeks for another scan for my own peace of mind 

• Like 1

nicpow
Posted (edited)

Deleted 

Edited by nicpow
Deleted

NeedSleepNow

Hope you’re ok nicpow!

avocado toast

How is everyone going?

I had my dating scan today which confirmed my dates of 7 weeks exactly today. All looking good.

I’m exhausted all the time and can’t stop eating haha

Impervious Curtsey

Just got my HCG results - 11,000 so that's good. Booked for dating scan on Monday, can't wait to see a heartbeat!

• Like 1

CKay

All day sickness has well and truly kicked in here. Was hoping to escape the sickness this time but can't hold out any longer, filled the script for zofran today. Would have liked to avoid but this week has been almost impossible to function.