Sign in to follow this  
Sarah212121

Over 45 and TTC

Sarah212121

Hi there loverly ladies 

I am just wondering if there is anyone here over45 and TTC 

Im just loosing hope would love to hear from you xx

Currently back doing just Femera and tracking FS says not worth doing IVF at my age lots of different opinions and we have an appointment with a different fertility Dr end of Sep my GP says what my current FS says is rubbish .....?

Thanks in advance 

Mara6

Hi Sarah, I'm 45 and doing ivf. I'm single so using donor sperm, I left things a bit late waiting for Mr Right to turn up and when I finally got the courage to see a fertility clinic I thought I'd just need the sperm! 

I have done several ivf cycles, i have had an iui and have transferred 2 x day 3 embryos with no pregnancy. I have low amh so i don't collect many eggs each time but they seem to be ok quality. I'm now just focusing on making some embryos, I have 2 x  nice looking day 5 blasts in the freezer. I'm doing another cycle in September then will look into era/hysteroscopy/lipiodal flush - anything I can do to make sure I'm ready before I start transferring.  I know the odds are against us but I feel encouraged that I can make embryos so that's a start. And I just have to try. 

I think if you really want to have a child and you're willing to try ivf you should xx 

I think it's really important to have a good supportive Dr who listens to you and is willing to throw everything at it. My first Dr was quite negative about my age, my 2nd wasn't overly interested but my current Dr is amazing. He's open to trying everything, he's caring and really easy to talk to. That's great your GP is supportive and you're getting a second opinion. 

While you're waiting to see them are you taking vitamins? Ubiquinol, Vit D, E etc? 

Good luck xx

Sarah212121

Hi there Mara6 wow thank you for sharing I was up at 3am reading your msg with tears coming out ...Thankyou  I was also madly googling Ubiquinol lol I do take CQ10 and also DEAH as well but I will be swapping over to Ubiquinol im willing to do anything 

I contacted to FS this morning was on hold forever and just hung up I was going to make an appointment and go and see him and ask about other treatments and a explanation about the "no worth it comment" but I think that I will just put it down as a a bad day I tested again this morning and not even a hint of a line ....

This is soo hard 

I wish you loads of luck and strength xxx Thankyou again for sharing xx

Mara6

Hey Sarah. Thank you and you too x 

It is hard,  I try to keep focusing on what's next.  I think if you're keen to investigate further I'd find a new FS. Although I did learn some things with my first two Drs, looking back I feel like I was wasting my time with them.  We don't have time to be conservative and just see what happens, we need to throw everything at it now. Ivf I think gives you every chance but there might even be other interventions you could be doing before that with another Dr. Depends where you are,  mine is in Brisbane and I know of a highly recommended FS in Melbourne. There will be lots of ladies here who can recommend Drs in other areas too. 

Have you read It Starts with The Egg? Lots of great tips for improving your egg quality :) i use Bioceuticals Ubiquinol and take 2 x 300mg per day.  Along with lots of other things.  It's expensive but I think worth it! 

My close friend was 41, had been trying naturally for a long time. Finally decided to see a FS, same one as me. She found she had very low amh, did one cycle of ivf, got only 1 egg at epu and that 1 egg is now their 3 week old daughter. 

I reckon let us know where you are, get some dr recommendations and ask your gp for a new referral. :)

feel free to private message me if you want to xx

• Like 1