Kallie88

VIC Stage 4 Support Thread

Kallie88

Thought we might want a new thread for this. As always remember this is a place for support not judgement, we're all dealing with this in our own way and from our own perspective. Be kind. Stay safe xx

• Like 16
  • Thanks 3

Silverstreak

Thank you so much Kallie and for the last thread too, it was invaluable.

Still reeling here, DH and I had a ruler out earlier trying to work out where we could drive to. Not sure what's going to happen with work, guess I'll find out tomorrow. 

• Thanks 1

born.a.girl

Clarification from DA just now that independent food shops will stay open. Glad to hear that.   Really not keen on the idea of only Colesworths as food options.

• Like 13

blackcat20

Just waiting to see what happens with childcare. I work for a uni which has been considered essential so far....

kimasa

Stage 4!

I guess we have to wait until tomorrow to find out if DH has a job for the next 6 weeks or not. We were hoping for a hint today. 

There's a frustrating amount of complaining on Facebook about petty crap at the moment. Someone is angry about her 8yr old's netball skills going to waste. Another prefers the Woolworths 10km away because they have a great selection of cakes.

People are dead and we've got netball and cake going on. What the hell is wrong with people?

• Like 25
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 8

blackcat20

I prefer a further woolies because it has better milk (local, independent rather than multinational) , but I’ll be playing by the rules.

• Like 1

Claudia Jean

I’m basically living stage 4 now but it feels really horrible and surreal being under a curfew and having such strict restrictions. 

• Like 3

born.a.girl
Just now, kimasa said:

Stage 4!

I guess we have to wait until tomorrow to find out if DH has a job for the next 6 weeks or not. We were hoping for a hint today. 

There's a frustrating amount of complaining on Facebook about petty crap at the moment. Someone is angry about her 8yr old's netball skills going to waste. Another prefers the Woolworths 10km away because they have a great selection of cakes.

People are dead and we've got netball and cake going on. What the hell is wrong with people?

You just have to look at the demonstration in Germany today to see what's wrong with people all over the world.

It's certainly bringing out the best and worst in people.  That said, I think the anxiety is affecting everyone, and affecting everyone differently on different days.  I've had days I've felt so p*ssed off with the virus that it's made me really snitchy.

• Like 11

Silverstreak

A state of disaster, this certainly is a year of firsts. Horrible firsts. DH is hoping he can still collect supplies for his business, guess we'll find out about that tomorrow as well.

Zeppelina
8 minutes ago, kimasa said:

Stage 4!

And it's people like that who are at least part of the reason that this is happening. And it p*sses me off so much.

6 minutes ago, Claudia Jean said:

I’m basically living stage 4 now but it feels really horrible and surreal being under a curfew and having such strict restrictions. 

Same here. Surreal. Have been feeling somewhat claustrophobic since last night. But I've been reassuring my son that our life won't change at all, really, and that we're doing it for a really good reason, and that's actually helped me somewhat - saying it out loud to him is helping to calm me down.

• Like 8

Babetty

I'm in Qld but just popped into this thread to say thinking of you all - Stage 4 is going to be tough and I hope you all get through it ok.

• Like 12

But seriously
11 minutes ago, kimasa said:

Stage 4!

I was going to reply but probably not polite enough for a support thread 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Wonderstruck
Posted (edited)

Thinking of you (I'm in Sydney). I've got material masks arriving tomorrow, postponed a Canberra trip and have been lying low for months now...hope others in Sydney do their part too as while it's not fun, we should be keeping a lid on things here so we can help you guys and keep the resources directed your way. 

Have been thinking of friends in Melb. They have no.2 due in Nov, a 2 year old at home and no family in Melbourne (all in NSW)...have offered to mail them anything they need but feel so helpless to do much :(

Edited by Wonderstruck
  • Like 4

annodam

I am floored actually...

Not much fazes me, but this has just, I dunno...

If I knew 100% this was gonna work, then I'm all for it but we have no guarantees... 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Hypnic Jerk

DH was going to head out to do the shopping (planned, we had a list) but waited so we could listen to the press conf together.  Other words, no, we weren't panic shopping.  He's just sent me photos of the shelves - bare.  Here we go again.  On the plus side a lot of the stuff on the list wasn't fresh food but bits and bobs that had accumulated.  

I feel a bit sh*t.  I've been in iso for a week, so not a lot changes for me but we elected to keep DS home (Spec Ed) for the week due to me being marked as a close contact.  It wasn't required but I felt it warranted.  He was looking forward to going back so I feel we've done him a disservice now.

• Sad 1

annodam

My OH & the kids have gone out, taken the dog & spending a bit of time outdoors before this all kicks in.

I am sitting here listening to Amazing Grace on the bag pipes on Spotify, how utterly depressing!

• Sad 1

maurie

I'm in Vic and glad Stage 4 is happening.   I work in a supermarket and this will make it so much better for the staff.   At least the nightfill team can work with little/no customers now and the congestion in the stores should stop.   

I started leave on Friday, so glad I'm not working today as I imagine the panic buyers will be out in force!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

rosie28
Posted (edited)

I’m oddly worried by the curfew though I never leave the house between 8-5 anyway! The last time I did was to dash to Frankston to pick up relatives who had been taken to hospital after an accident. Otherwise I don’t think our lives will be changing at all. There is a possibility we’ll need to ship things for my husband’s business from home instead of his employee being able to be in the office (one, everyone else working from home) but that just means I’ll park my car elsewhere. Don’t go anywhere in the car so that’s not a big deal. I really feel for people who will be badly affected by this. 

Edited by rosie28
Can’t type!

Kiwi Bicycle
9 minutes ago, maurie said:

I'm in Vic and glad Stage 4 is happening.   I work in a supermarket and this will make it so much better for the staff.   At least the nightfill team can work with little/no customers now and the congestion in the stores should stop.   

I started leave on Friday, so glad I'm not working today as I imagine the panic buyers will be out in force!

Actually DH noticed the last few weeks in the supermarket the main problem we have had trying to social distance is the shelf fillers and their trolleys and the online order pickers and their carts everywhere.  They need some dark stores set up, just hire a warehouse, grab some old fridges and feezers and shelving and set up a pick line. Doesn't need to be fancy as no public are going to see it. In NZ a few very little used supermarkets have gone dark to do this.

• Like 6

lozoodle

Just saw the news. Dont belong here as not from Vic but just wanted to pop in and say I hope everyone is doing ok :(

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3

blackcat20
4 minutes ago, Kiwi Bicycle said:

Actually DH noticed the last few weeks in the supermarket the main problem we have had trying to social distance is the shelf fillers and their trolleys and the online order pickers and their carts everywhere.  They need some dark stores set up, just hire a warehouse, grab some old fridges and feezers and shelving and set up a pick line. Doesn't need to be fancy as no public are going to see it. In NZ a few very little used supermarkets have gone dark to do this.

One of our local Woolies has been converted to an online packing store. It was so outdated I'm not surprised they picked that store.

Oriental lily

Anyone know if you live in stage 4 but have a business in stage three if you can go to work?

• Like 1

WaitForMe

How do we get the other thread closed? Bit confusing with both of them open atm.

• Like 1

maurie
7 minutes ago, Kiwi Bicycle said:

When I first heard about online shopping, I assumed the pickers would be working at a warehouse.     My store doesn't offer online, it's too small, and is usually pretty quiet, but since the pandemic started we've been crowded as shoppers have been avoiding the big shopping centres and flooding to the strip shops.   Nightfilll are often working through the day lately as the distribution centre disruptions have meant the trucks are delivering at random times and we need to empty the storeroom ready for the next delivery, which could be anytime!

Kallie88
Just now, WaitForMe said:

How do we get the other thread closed? Bit confusing with both of them open atm.

I'll contact an admin

• Like 1