(feral)epg

Go away Clive, and take Scomo with you

(feral)epg

I'm in WA.  We live in a lovely little bubble where there is no community spread of coronavirus and we can feel comfortable doing the little things.  Like working, sending children to school, shopping, eating out and even visiting a hospital should the need arise.  It's in large part due to THE WALL that keeps all those dirty eastern staters out, and those that do come in are tracked and monitored and often need to spend time in quarantine.  It's working and most people are pretty happy with this arrangement, even those who missed out on their annual trip to Bali this year.

Now a horrible billionaire from Queensland has objected to the fact that he can't come and visit his mine without having to spend 2 weeks in a luxury hotel and is taking our mullet loving, beer drinking, tremendously popular premier to court  saying that his constitutional rights to spread viruses and make money are being threatened.

That's ok.  Clive Palmer is unhinged and we expect it of him.  The thing that is really annoying me is that the federal government is firmly in his corner.  They are supporting Clive the billionaire (who literally spent $60 million on getting them re-elected) over the people of Western Australia.   I will be livid if his complaint is upheld and we lose our borders.

Rant over, and apologies for the hyperbole.

• Like 23
  • Sad 2

foom

No need to apologise. Goodness knows Palmer doesn't. 'Cause he's always right there is no need, right? 

I live in Queensland. It's not just your border he wants to trash.

I wish someone else would take him and we never get him back. OTOH I wouldn't wish him on any other part of Oz.

• Like 2

Ruf~Feral~es

I agree with all you say except "dirty eastern staters".  :) I know some personally, and they are quite clean.....  LOL.

But yes, I cannot believe fkn Scottyfrommarketing is on his side.   The two of them can go jump, preferably into a COVID-infested dam contaminated with waste from Clive's mines.  

I hope he loses and has to pay costs.   Because while our Govt has to fight this rediculous case, it is less money for our economy that could be better spent on...... lets see..... health?  Education?  Infrastructure and job support?  All better options than lawyers right now.

• Like 7

BadCat

Why does Clive need to visit his mine to make money?  It's not like he operates the equipment.

• Like 8
  • Haha 2

ineedmorecoffee

I wish Gladys had shut the NSW border earlier with Victoria, so I can understand you wanting your borders kept shut.

Not sure about WA being able to keep Clive out though..

• Like 1

Ruf~Feral~es
27 minutes ago, ineedmorecoffee said:

I wish Gladys had shut the NSW border earlier with Victoria, so I can understand you wanting your borders kept shut.

Not sure about WA being able to keep Clive out though..

He can come in.  He just needs to quarantine first.  Like everyone else.

• Like 3

~elle~

Palmer is an idiot - I'm sure he can afford a smart phone / and or a computer and do some Zoom meetings like everyone else.

He's not special. It's not necessary for him to come here - it's not like he's needed to drive the haulpacks.

Government money is needed for Health , Police, Education, fighting the effects of the global pandemic etc  NOT for lawyers, barristers  and the like at god knows how much per hour fighting in the courts to save us from idiots with their own God Complex. 

• Like 6

It's Percy
54 minutes ago, BadCat said:

Why does Clive need to visit his mine to make money?  It's not like he operates the equipment.

He actually hasn't been here in WA for four years apparently but now all of a sudden, its very important for him to visit. His original reason was for a rally with his followers but soon morphed into needing to visit his mines. 

Meepy

Palmer is an excellent example of the mediocre white man.  Overestimates his intelligence, relevance and capability.  I have no doubt that the managers of his WA businesses are grateful he is not allowed anywhere near them.  

His needs trump the needs of many (every citizen of WA and the Commonwealth) who will be paying to fight the legal action.  Absolute tosser.

• Like 9

Ruf~Feral~es
1 minute ago, It's Percy said:

He actually hasn't been here in WA for four years apparently but now all of a sudden, its very important for him to visit. His original reason was for a rally with his followers but soon morphed into needing to visit his mines. 

I need to visit my Dad in hospital in NSW.   We thought he would die 2 weeks ago, but he seems to be slowly improving.   If he had gotten worse, I would have gone. 

I didn't jump on a plane immediately though, because I would have had to quarantine for 2 weeks to come back.  Yes, my choice, and I am happy to do so to keep WA virus-free.    

If I can do that, so bloody well can he - business is not the same as life and death - except maybe for all the people he has ripped off financially.   

• Like 3
  • Sad 4

franklymum

This just cracked me up. 

• Haha 8

EsmeLennox

The thing is, it’s not just a complaint. It’s a question of constitutional law, and one which he may well win, despite him being unhinged.

He’s a ****ing egotistical, selfish man baby who, with this action, if he wins, may see the deaths of many people. And our PM will be 100% complicit.

WA should start secession proceedings if the high court rules in Clive’s (and by extension, ScoMo’s) favour.

• Like 10

(feral)epg

Yes, I fear that he may win on constitutional law.  Which could then make ALL of Australia's state border closures illegal.

Hope Scomo has thought the consequences of this through.  I fear he has and doesn't care.

• Like 4

Ruf~Feral~es
3 minutes ago, (feral)epg said:

Yes, I fear that he may win on constitutional law.  Which could then make ALL of Australia's state border closures illegal.

Hope Scomo has thought the consequences of this through.  I fear he has and doesn't care.

I think he has thought of the consequences and is happy with them - it gives him what he's wanted all along, the open borders.  He's letting Palmer fight the fight that he failed in, no matter how much he bullied and harassed the states that stayed closed.

~Jolly_F~

He will likely win a constitutional challenge, it’s been an issue all along. 

Is it right, not really but no doubt there is some backdoor deal that will get Clive something he wants if he fronts the battle for Scotty! Much like the last election, Clive entered to take votes from other parties and for his troubles got himself a coal mine approved right near Adani! 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Ruf~Feral~es

Even Mark McGowan has hinted that he may well lose, saying that you never know when it comes to the High Court.

This is a classic case of "just because you can, doesn't mean you should''.  I agree that Clive must be getting something from Morrison.  It makes me sick.  Yes, we need to open borders eventually, when it is safe, not because the courts/Clive force it.

• Like 2

EsmeLennox

Nah, Clive’s just called in the $60 million favour he Did for the Libs last election. And if they don’t pay up? He’ll **** them over come next election...

• Like 5

magic_marker

I didn't know you spelt Clive  - k-a-r-e-n

I suppose that's offensive to all the Karen's though.

Send him to Melbourne and Mitchell Shire instead. 

Just to show he's not immune.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

(feral)epg

It's a win win situation for Mark McGowan now though.  If he manages to retain WA's border he will be a hero for the 90% (ish) people in WA who think it's keeping us safer.  If he loses then any future cases - and all the consequences will be on Clive and Scotty's heads.

And we have an election next year.

• Like 2

Sancti-claws

I can't believe they could let Clive Palmer do this.  Besides being morally bankrupt, he has a bigger fish after him at the moment - just hope that it has teeth and rhymes with quark... - https://asic.gov.au/about-asic/news-centre/find-a-media-release/2020-releases/20-163mr-clive-palmer-charged-over-breaches-of-directors-duties-and-fraud/

Ruf~Feral~es
13 hours ago, Sancti-claws said:

I can't believe they could let Clive Palmer do this.  Besides being morally bankrupt, he has a bigger fish after him at the moment - just hope that it has teeth and rhymes with quark... - https://asic.gov.au/about-asic/news-centre/find-a-media-release/2020-releases/20-163mr-clive-palmer-charged-over-breaches-of-directors-duties-and-fraud/

Yes, gotta love the quality of people #scottyfrommarketing will hop into bed with.   

(I'm picturing them under a covid-infested doona now, after their swim in my previously mentioned covid and mining waste infected lake.) 

SeaPrincess

One of my friends on FB shared this link with the suggestion for people to bombard the PM with messages of support for Mark McGowan. https://www.pm.gov.au/contact-your-pm
I’ve sent a message.

• Like 1

Ruf~Feral~es
9 minutes ago, SeaPrincess said:

One of my friends on FB shared this link with the suggestion for people to bombard the PM with messages of support for Mark McGowan. https://www.pm.gov.au/contact-your-pm
I’ve sent a message.

Done - thank you for sharing the link.  

• Like 1

steppy

I still can never believe people complain about Labor's connections with the Unions. 

• Like 7