JustCurious100

Farmer wants a wife

JustCurious100

Who is watching? 

DH, bless his cotton socks, was extremely keen to watch it. 

I like farmer in the blue shirt. 

• Like 2

fraidycat

ME!!! I love this show...i felt so sorry for the tall girl that the red shirt farmer said 'i didn't think much of this girl...'  She looked pretty upset.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

fraidycat

Men can be really dumb sometimes.

• Like 4

Murderino

My now XH and I watched every season of this when it used to be on. He is a farmer and I just don’t feel I can watch it now..

I also knew someone who went on it in about 2009 (I remember I was pregnant with my first). She stayed for a couple of rounds.

Babetty

I'm watching it. DH said no to Bachelor in Paradise but is happy to watch this with me.

Yes, I felt sorry for the tall girl too but at least the farmer was mortified when he realised how it came out of his mouth!!

• Like 1

*Marty*

Henrietta is going to be a trouble-maker.  A big one, is my prediction.

• Like 2

JustCurious100

I think Maddi needs to head home, she does not seem to be coping at all

• Like 3

Scootaloo
11 hours ago, JustCurious100 said:

I think Maddi needs to head home, she does not seem to be coping at all

I agree, and I think she will end up leaving due to not coping so why prolong it. 

marple

Is Maddi the crying one?

JustCurious100

Thats her. 

• Like 1

Chchgirl

I'm not sold on any of them but the thought of being on a farm makes me  break out in a cold sweat. 

I could go a vineyard though,  minus the farmer 😍

• Like 3

JustCurious100

Vineyard farmer doesn't strike me much but I think the rest are lovely gents. Im sure vineyard farmer is a nice lad though 

• Like 2

karkat

This show always makes me laugh. I’m married to a farmer and I never fence, deal with livestock and only rarely driven tractors (like 3 times in 15 years). Every farm and town  is different but I work in town in a professional job and most “farmers wives” I know do the books or work off farm, but I guess that doesn’t make good tv 😂. That said I watch regularly and love that there’s been so many successful couples. 

• Like 5

Treasure Island

I'm watching. I spent part of my childhood in Charleville so I am loving the Cunnamulla station. It's a nice trip down memory lane.

• Like 1

Chchgirl
Posted (edited)

I only want the vineyard, not the farmer since Sam Neill is taken  😂😂

Actually,  I don't mind Harry even though he's 102 years younger than me 😁

Edited by Chchgirl
  • Haha 1

Murderino
56 minutes ago, karkat said:

This show always makes me laugh. I’m married to a farmer and I never fence, deal with livestock and only rarely driven tractors (like 3 times in 15 years). Every farm and town  is different but I work in town in a professional job and most “farmers wives” I know do the books or work off farm, but I guess that doesn’t make good tv 😂. That said I watch regularly and love that there’s been so many successful couples. 

I read this thread although I’m not watching and I was the same when married to a farmer - I milked the cows once before we were married and once after (I gave him chicken pox and he was really sick but only missed one milking). I did drive a tractor or truck during harvest each year (so a few hours a year) but that was it unless he desperately needed help and his dad wasn’t around! 

In fact after we got married someone asked me “oh are you still working” when I mentioned something about work in a conversation. They seemed surprised and I was shocked they’d thought I would stop. They then turned to then DH and congratulated him on having “off farm income”!

When he and I watched we used to laugh at the idea these women were actually going to do farm work if they “won” and stayed around.

• Like 2

Ozquoll
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, karkat said:

My grandmother was a farmer's wife. I don't think she ever did any heavy farm work because my grandfather was very old school - women had no place doing farm work! She worked her fingers to the bone in every other way though, in the kitchen, the vegie garden, milking the house cow (and selling the cream to be made into butter 🙂) and raising three children. She was always so busy, I very rarely saw her sit down except to eat dinner. Even then, she didn't dawdle - down went the food and then she was back to work. 

Edited by Ozquoll

IamOzgirl

I'm watching, now Im back at 'home'

Have caught up. 

My parents totally think the vineyard guy is for me. Oh hello no! 

And yes agree with the others, always wondered about how much 'work' on the farm the wives would do. 

Maddie needs to go. Totally the wrong thing for her to have done. She is not ready to date let alone compete for someone. 

The marriage celebrant lady, if think it was her, and the attacking of vineyard guy of the log cabin not being suitable for children 😳

• Like 1

Indi

Harry is sooooo stupid

• Like 1

Charli73

What channel is it on?

Hollycoddle
Posted (edited)

I only started watching tonight but I already can't stand the nasty, b**chy girl in vineyard farmer's team. Not sure what her name is but if you've been watching you probably know who I mean.

Maddy leaving and returning - either attention-seeking or the producers have cooked this up for drama. All of his girls look to be super high maintenance except for the lovely one who stayed at the table. He's not helping though, making promises to them all that he won't possibly be able to keep!

So many needy, insecure girls badgering the blokes, don't they see how unattractive that is?

Edited by Hollycoddle
  • Like 1

blueskies12

I have usually wanted this show, but I am disliking the emphasis on competitiveness this year. I really don't love Maddy's character- but I know that they have set her up like that and probably had even thought of the plot too. I am sure he was talked into having her back.

I wonder whether any of them will last the difference this year. I'd love the know of previous season's couples and if they have worked out. It would be great to have a recap show.

• Like 2

marple

I'm loving most of the boys ( except the American vineyard dude) but I'm struggling with the girls. Some seem pretty ick. Some seem lovely but I don't know their names yet.  Maddi going out and in was very weird. Surely she knew what she had signed up for. Its been on for years.

Twinmum+2
On 02/08/2020 at 8:08 PM, Charli73 said:

What channel is it on?

Seven!

Twinmum+2

I'm watching on catch up because DH isn't keen strangely 😂

I'm beginning to think a couple of these girls are too good for their respective farmers.  That sounded harsh but I mean that the girls just aren't going to get what they need.  Henrietta in particular.   She's kind of out of Nick's league.

I love Harry 😁  and the American guy is growing on me.  Sam is a bit of a dork.   I'm not sure he's that much of a catch emotionally.  But maybe I'm too old and jaded.  

• Like 2