Sign in to follow this  
JasperAliBenji

Sad - coming to an end

JasperAliBenji

I have been EBF DC3 for 5 months now which in itself is an accomplishment considering the other 2 were only BF for 6 weeks at most due to supply and latch issues, and all of a sudden my supply has crucially dropped :( I have been trying lactation cookies and water and demand feeding etc but there just not getting full like they used too and DS keeps fussing every time I try to feed him like the letdown isn't happening fast enough. 
although I'm proud of myself for getting this far and I'm not an anti-bottle person so I'm not stressed if he does have to hop on the formula train I just can't help but feel sad as I feel like we have formed this different kind of bond then I had ever felt with the other 2 children. 

Jenflea

After a while your breasts don't get the 'full' feeling before a feed. They adjust to the amount they need to produce. 

And fussing at the breast may not be a sign that it's all over, it could be a phase(DD needed a fiddle toy while feeding at some point) or it could be that maybe he needs some solids to try now, or a bit more food in between feeds. 

• Like 3

Chamomile

Well done for getting this far. I am by no means an expert. Is his weight gain tracking well? Is he roughly the same percentile as when he was born? 
If he’s been gaining weight well up until now, it would suggest that his latch and sucking is going well. So on the demand side, he seems ok. 
On the supply side, maybe others can make some suggestions. 
I took Motilium to boost supply. It didn’t do much for me, due to other reasons. 
I also used the ergo baby breastfeeding pillow, so DS didn’t have to use energy to get into position, he could just focus on feeding. 

• Like 1