Sign in to follow this  
JasperAliBenji

Sad - coming to an end

JasperAliBenji

I have been EBF DC3 for 5 months now which in itself is an accomplishment considering the other 2 were only BF for 6 weeks at most due to supply and latch issues, and all of a sudden my supply has crucially dropped :( I have been trying lactation cookies and water and demand feeding etc but there just not getting full like they used too and DS keeps fussing every time I try to feed him like the letdown isn't happening fast enough. 
although I'm proud of myself for getting this far and I'm not an anti-bottle person so I'm not stressed if he does have to hop on the formula train I just can't help but feel sad as I feel like we have formed this different kind of bond then I had ever felt with the other 2 children. 

Jenflea

After a while your breasts don't get the 'full' feeling before a feed. They adjust to the amount they need to produce. 

And fussing at the breast may not be a sign that it's all over, it could be a phase(DD needed a fiddle toy while feeding at some point) or it could be that maybe he needs some solids to try now, or a bit more food in between feeds. 

• Like 3

Chamomile
Posted (edited)

Edited by Chamomile
  • Like 1