Sign in to follow this  
rosie28

Sleep question

rosie28

I thought I’d seen it all with three kids but apparently not! My youngest, 8 months old, feeds twice overnight which I’m fine with, but just recently she wakes inconsolable exactly 1 hour after I feed her. That means she’s waking at midnight and around 5am. Unfortunately she can’t be settled after the 5am wake, she simply screams no matter what we do, until we get her up for the day. Previously she was sleeping until 7am at least. During the day she has 2x90 minute naps and 1x catnap of 30-45 minutes. Bedtime was 8pm when she was waking at 7, and is now creeping forward. Does anyone have any ideas? Her wale windows during the day are 2-2.5 hours. She’s warm enough, full, it’s dark and there is white noise...

Crazyone26989

I’d be looking at the day sleeps. My DS kept the third nap till about 7 months and people thought that was late. Since then he can’t sleep longer than 3 hours (More like 2.5 now but he’s 1) during the day or he will wake in the night and be up at 5am. 

Ellie bean

She’s a brilliant sleeper compared to my 2 so I have no advice sorry (except to go to bed at 8pm when she does)

rosie28

I’d like to get rid of the third nap but at the moment she’s waking from her second one by 1pm. She can’t last until anything even approaching a bedtime. 

rosie28

And sorry I can’t figure out how to quote!

MooGuru

What's she like with every other feed? Any dietary changes or differences in bowel movements etc?

Could you try raising the head of the bed? See if that changes anything?

rosie28

No worries with any other feed and this is only recent- the last week or so. No reflux. Not a chucker.

Fluffy Potatoes

I’d tough it out for a couple of days and reset the naps and bring bedtime earlier. First nap around 9, second nap 12.30/1ish and bedtime 6.30/7ish. Could she be teething?

rosie28

She could be teething but there are no other signs at all. A tooth could still surprise me! I’ll attempt to tough it out on the weekend, can’t hold a screaming baby (or a just falling asleep in my arms baby) and deal with remote learning for a prep. 

rosie28

And now she’s busted out a 3 hour nap while I was out at the doctor. So who knows?

Apageintime

if its only recnt, I'd just ride it out and hope it changes again real soon. 

CallMeFeral

How frequently is she feeding during the day? Could there be lactose overload?

rosie28

We’re at 3 feeds during the day. No signs of excess lactose, that I can see?

• Like 1

Crazyone26989
Posted (edited)

I just remember that we did a 2-3-4 interval for wake times at that age as it worked well for us. So DS would wake at 6, first nap 2 hours later at 8, then second nap (around 12-12.30 ) 3 hours after waking. He’d normally sleep till 2 and we’d have 4 hours before bed.

Edited by Crazyone26989
  • Like 1