Help me find a new bedspread/duvet cover

Chicken Pie

we did this a couple weeks ago - it is hard but they out there lol

i got mine in dark grey/silver colour

Spotlight 

harvey norman

• Like 1

MadMarchMasterchef

Id think a dark blue with some accents or maybe a maroon would go.   That bed is quite similar to our bed! 

• Like 2

CrankyM
16 hours ago, Grrrumbles said:

Just a note about Target bedding just in case you see something you like locally. I used to be a big fan of their bedding but got King Size flannelette sheets at the end of last Winter and used them for the first time this year. 

They are terrible quality. A lot of the flannelette we have is from Aldi, Target, Spotlight etc and these are the worst. We have some from Target that are nearly 10 years old and still in passable condition but I won’t be going into that section anymore.

Not that you would be buying flannelette in your location ...

Yes no flannelette used here, we might use it a month if at all (though it was 6 degrees when I got up this morning outside, which was a shock as it was a cool 12 inside). It's good to know though as I was thinking of buy MIL some as she's spending her first winter in Australia for years and finding it a bit cool. Though compared to Northern Wales, well sometimes the winter on the central coast is warmer then there but houses are built differently.

Bethlehem Babe
16 hours ago, CrankyM said:

I like all of these! Hmm how many duvet covers do you need... I really like last two.

I ended up ordering the Dijon coverlet linked above and the teal (Petrol blue) geometric one. 

You need three. At least. 

Love my flannelette quilt cover in winter. 

• Like 1

Bandwagon
19 hours ago, CrankyM said:

I like all of these! Hmm how many duvet covers do you need... I really like last two.

I ended up ordering the Dijon coverlet linked above and the teal (Petrol blue) geometric one. 

How long is a piece of string?

bed linen addict here...

your choices are lovely. 

• Like 2

CrankyM
6 minutes ago, Bandwagon said:

How long is a piece of string?

bed linen addict here...

your choices are lovely. 

I err have very limited storage... I'm marking from BB that I love for review on payday next week (hopefully they are still on special). Because, after all of this I realised I actually needed, um, order a king size quilt, seeing how our current one is a queen.

Bandwagon
4 minutes ago, CrankyM said:

I err have very limited storage... I'm marking from BB that I love for review on payday next week (hopefully they are still on special). Because, after all of this I realised I actually needed, um, order a king size quilt, seeing how our current one is a queen.

It’s a struggle, I have linen all over the place. 

• Like 1

Bethlehem Babe
19 hours ago, CrankyM said:

You need three. At least. 

we use the bed draws. And yes, laybuy is a good option if you can. 

Jenflea

I have 3 or 4 sets. 

Same with sets of towels. 

One in use, one in the wash and one spare (and one set because I fell in love with it and love it above all others but couldn't justify getting rid of a perfectly good set I still quite like, lol).

• Like 1

can'tstayaway
11 hours ago, CrankyM said:

Yes no flannelette used here, we might use it a month if at all (though it was 6 degrees when I got up this morning outside, which was a shock as it was a cool 12 inside). It's good to know though as I was thinking of buy MIL some as she's spending her first winter in Australia for years and finding it a bit cool. Though compared to Northern Wales, well sometimes the winter on the central coast is warmer then there but houses are built differently.

If she doesn’t like the feel of flannelette (my mother doesn’t and I’m finding I’m less tolerant as I age and my skin is dried out), then you might want to consider these

https://www.minijumbuk.com.au/mattress-toppers/deluxe-mattress-topper

They are warm in winter and I flip them the other way to be cool in summer.  

• Like 2

spr_maiden
On 15/07/2020 at 5:56 PM, CrankyM said:

Oooh, the Dijon coverlet,I love it. And it'll go so well with the petrol colour.  Nice choices!

• Like 1

**Xena**

I love French linen and Bed Threads is the cheapest, good quality French linen I've found. They have lots of lovely colours and I like how ethical the company is if that also appeals to you. I like their linen so much that I also bought their flat sheets and made my own curtains :lol:

106349461_10157644806123507_164400678072

• Like 6

can'tstayaway

@**Xena** love that!

• Like 1

Chicken Pie

@CrankyM for a king side bed it must have a super king quilt ime :)

tinselfoil hat

@**Xena** I love your floor rug!

**Xena**
2 hours ago, tinselfoil hat said:

@**Xena** I love your floor rug!

Thanks, it's just from Fantastic Furniture online if you wanted one :)

• Thanks 1

threeinnyc

Since we moved to the US, we use coverlet instead of doona cover. They don't know what doona cover is here! :lol:

(They call it converter BTW)

• Haha 1

Hollycoddle
On 16/07/2020 at 10:43 AM, CrankyM said:

I've always been a big fan of my flannelette bedding being here in cold Canberra but my new partner (our first winter together) sweats quite a lot at night.  Getting into damp flannel sheets where the cold air has hit it isn't pleasant :(

CrankyM

Well I just got a notification that my coverlets are waiting for me to pick up at my parcel locker. 

• Like 3

JustBeige

Oh nooooo, I so shouldnt have clicked into this thread..... 

I need a couple more covers, but, choices!! 

OP Im glad your choice was easier than mine will be :D

Xena - that is awesome!  come do mine for me :)

• Like 1

Bethlehem Babe
3 hours ago, CrankyM said:

Well I just got a notification that my coverlets are waiting for me to pick up at my parcel locker. 

Will you take photos with the new bed?

• Like 1

CrankyM
58 minutes ago, Bethlehem Babe said:

Will you take photos with the new bed?

We haven’t gotten the actual new bed yet :lol: they were out of stock and I don’t know where it’s coming from but she said it will be either July 28 or Aug 11. Which is ok because the spare room needs to be emptied before moving our current bed into it. 

Sugarplum Poobah

Bit late to the party but the Sheridan outlet site is worth a look. It's also worth signing up to their email list as they have regular specials including a birthday voucher.  Last year I used my voucher in combination with the sale offer they had at the time and bought a pair of nice towels for $5.