peckingbird

Educational Toddler Apps?

peckingbird

So we are juggling 2 x full time workers working from home with a 2 year old and a 4 year old.  Such fun haha!

Neither of the children has had any experience yet with iPad, except for Netflix, but I think now would be a good time to introduce some iPad time.

If anybody has any good recommendations for educational apps for this age group I would really appreciate it!

(Sorry if this topic has been covered before, I did a search but couldn’t find anything)

Riotproof
Posted (edited)

DR Panda and Toca Boca. Oh and the playschool ones. 

also, freeappsforkids.com or something like that used to have daily free high quality apps listed. 

Edited by Riotproof
  • Thanks 1

Kiwi Bicycle

Lego also do some nice free " game" apps, using Duplo.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22Fruitmincepies

The ABC kids ones, we have one where it is Humpty’s birthday and one where there are a bunch of different activities. My 2yo likes the TOca Boca farm because there is a tractor. 

• Thanks 1

PuddingPlease

ABC Kids is good. My four year old loves Pokemon Playhouse and also really enjoys a game called Thinkrolls which is a type of platform game (you have to pay for that one but it's not a lot).

• Thanks 1

Babetty

It's a while since I've had kids in that age range but I found the Lego ones good.

• Thanks 1

MsLaurie

The Montessori letters one was fairly popular with my daughter when she was that age. Mainly tracing letters.

• Thanks 1

Just Jack

Khan Academy Kids. Can set up a profile for each of them for their age group.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

peckingbird

Thanks for the ideas everyone! Have already downloaded the ABC Kids one, as they’re familiar with those characters already and will try the others suggested. Much appreciated!!

FeralRebelWClaws

My 3.5yo has been doing reading eggs for more than 12 months. It is a paid subscription, but I think it is worth it. My son has already figured out that he needs eggs to play the games, so he keep doing the activities to get more eggs and most of the time he forgets the other games anyway lol!

melissa9Z
Posted (edited)

I would also consider about educational games, or toys which can start toddler to think about how to make the right decision. I know a lot of resource on the web, but one of the most popular websites I know, is this simpletoyguide toys and games resource, cause they have a lot of stuff to choose from, and plenty of articles, which can explain what you should do in each separate game.

Edited by melissa9Z