Sign in to follow this  
amdirel

Concealer help

amdirel

Help for a hopeless make up person...

My DD has started wearing daily makeup for the past couple of months. She puts concealer (a stick one, looks like a lipstick) under her eyes to hide her dark circles, then BB cream, then puts some powder. But within a couple of hours, under her eyes has gone kind of speckly with the concealer. It's like it has all gathered up into little spots.

Does anyone know why this is happening and what she can do to prevent it?

She's got pretty normal skin, not oily and I don't think it's dry. 

Any ideas?

GingerbreadWoman

I am far from an expert, but I always put concealer on after foundation, once I can see where I need it. Perhaps putting the BB cream over the top is causing the concealer to ‘ball’ up? Soo I would suggest she put the BB cream on first, then the concealer and see if that helps. 

My other suggestion would to make sure she is patting the make up on rather than rubbing it in like you would a moisturiser. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

amdirel

Thanks for your advice! Actually now I think about it, I'm not sure which one she puts on first. I'll have to ask her.

Daffy2016

My guess would be that one is water-based and the other oil-based. Or if the BB cream has sunscreen that can sometimes cause pilling. can she go into Priceline or similar and ask for advice?

lizzzard

Totally second asking for advice but I’d be inclined to go to one of the counters in DJs - I’ve found the staff generally really know their products and how to apply them the best way. They can advise oI’m the best options for particular skin types etc as well. Sephora is good for advice too.

#notallcats

Around the eyes, I would use a cream concealer rather than a dry one (assuming that's what you mean by being like a lip stick?).  A primer can help it all 'stick' to the skin too.   Agree with pp too, foundation/bb cream first, then concealer.  

nom_de_plume

Switch to a cream concealer with a 'radiant' formula for around the eyes. A good drugstore option is the Maybelline Age Rewind or Elf Hydrating Camo Concealer. If you want a high end option Nars Creamy Radiant Concealer or Too Faced Born This Way Concealer.

Apply foundation then concealer. She should only need a small amount. Once it's blender out immediately apply a light layer of loose translucent powder to 'set' the concealer, which prevents separation and caking.