gracie1978

Is it quieter since the upgrade?

born.a.girl

I also find the idea of using a heart for 'like' very feminine and 'too emotional'.  (I know I haven't explained that well, so hope you get my drift.)   I can't for the life of me imagine a site which is 99% engaged with by men, using a heart for a 'like'.    A heart should be for as @*Andi* says, 'love/care'.  

All of the other sites I use, it's uptick, respect, like etc.    Not a love heart.

• Like 8

22Fruitmincepies
54 minutes ago, Kaz83 said:

I love the new upgrade and think its a lot easier to navigate....

BUT

considering the site is called Essential BABY the baby related topics and threads and ones asking for advice on prams, car seats, etc are often the least responded to. Politics, women's issues, my husband sucks, there are pages and pages of conversation. I was noticing this before the upgrade and I think its due to the fact that a lot of the high volume or more popular members arent TTC or having newborns anymore. So if a newbie comes on and doesnt get many answers to their questions theyre probably not going to stick around. As a PP said, first time parents are probably going else where to receive advice. 

Sleep and breastfeed questions tend to get a good response, prams less so because they are often asking about new brands I’ve never heard of (and my youngest is 2yo). 

• Like 2

Riotproof
1 hour ago, Kaz83 said:

BUT

considering the site is called Essential BABY the baby related topics and threads and ones asking for advice on prams, car seats, etc are often the least responded to. Politics, women's issues, my husband sucks, there are pages and pages of conversation. I was noticing this before the upgrade and I think its due to the fact that a lot of the high volume or more popular members arent TTC or having newborns anymore. So if a newbie comes on and doesnt get many answers to their questions theyre probably not going to stick around. As a PP said, first time parents are probably going else where to receive advice. 

@22Fruitmincepies That’s exactly it. Brands of things have changed, but sleeping, feeding gets lots of replies. 

It’s definitely not a new thing though. There has been a lot less baby talk here since even before Dd was born. 

Chocolate Addict

Yep, I don't spend any where near as much time on here since the upgrade. The colour of the text on the white back ground makes it really hard for me to read.

There is very little I like about it and obviously a lot of people feel the same, not that many posts and not much interesting to read.

It is a shame an upgrade is so bad that people who have been here for years have given up. I have been here 16 years.

• Like 3

Ruf~Feral~es
23 minutes ago, Chocolate Addict said:

Yep, I don't spend any where near as much time on here since the upgrade. The colour of the text on the white back ground makes it really hard for me to read.

There is very little I like about it and obviously a lot of people feel the same, not that many posts and not much interesting to read.

It is a shame an upgrade is so bad that people who have been here for years have given up. I have been here 16 years.

Yep - I've been here 16 years too.  
The positive side for me is that is has helped me wean off my addiction.  I"m sure I'm more productive in the rest of my life now! :) 

• Like 5

Chocolate Addict

hahaha nope my addiction has moved to Netflix. I am watching way too much now. :p

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Coffeegirl

OMG. This is my first login since the upgrade.    Not a fan at all.  It’s very cluttered. 

I think this may be the end for me :( 

ainira
10 hours ago, born.a.girl said:

I also find the idea of using a heart for 'like' very feminine and 'too emotional'.  (I know I haven't explained that well, so hope you get my drift.)   I can't for the life of me imagine a site which is 99% engaged with by men, using a heart for a 'like'.    A heart should be for as @*Andi* says, 'love/care'.  

All of the other sites I use, it's uptick, respect, like etc.    Not a love heart.

What are the demographics of Facebook? Facebook has like, love, care, haha, wow, sad, and angry. 

MadMarchMasterchef
Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, Lees75 said:

If you hover over them, they tell you what they are for. The heart is a like, the trophy is for thanks. 

I want to both like this post and thanks you 😆

Edited by MadMarchMasterchef
  • Haha 2

MadMarchMasterchef
12 hours ago, Kaz83 said:

BUT

I actually really like coming on here because there are women a little bit older than me who I can learn from.   

rainycat

I think it’s a lot quieter. I don’t spend much time here anymore, I just pop in for a squiz then move on. I’m not sure if it’s the format, Covid related or just much less to look at. The heart feels a bit of a weird inappropriate ‘like’ at times and I had no idea what the trophy was for! I also don’t know how to change my round purple R for something more interesting!

Heather11

Doesn't this mean that there just hasn't been a steady stream of new parents or those TTC joining?  If there was a steady stream then those threads would still be getting responses.

You are correct iin that most of the regular members are probably past the baby stage and so possibly only post in the general, current issue sections.  

I look at the the current general section threads and there are really no new members in there contributing but there are now new members posting anywhere.  This combined with the drop off of regular members means no interesting topics to contribute to.

• Like 1

TigerQueenofSheeba
On 12/07/2020 at 11:51 PM, Prancer is coming said:

Not sure on the tagging thing.  If you a a regular poster not getting a lot of likes or tags, and then seeing people posting in a thread indicating certain posters are missed, it just seems a bit high school, popular people type thing.

Posts like those are a bit different to the format supporting a popularity contest though.