My4beautifulboys

Choosing colours

My4beautifulboys

Thanks for sharing your experience. We’re first time home builders, so it’s all new. Colourbond  colours are tricky to choose, as they vary a lot depending on sunlight, angles, shade, winter,  and summer. 
But we’re thinking of choosing two or three tones, greys’s and white’s and matching them in together. 
I’ll see if I can attach a photo of this colour scheme I found. Would you think the roof colour is Shale Grey? Or Surfmist? 

E30D8C52-6DE3-4A22-BEAA-BAB70D1CD5FE.jpeg

can'tstayaway

I would guess Surfmist based on the bit near the solar panels. Its hard to tell on a screen because as you said, so much can affect the perceived image. 

I like to have big samples on site to get an idea of how colours will work. Colours can look different on a big surface compared to a small sample. I also don’t feel that paper samples are accurate either. 

For colour bond, I ask the builder to provide a big sample sheet. They can often get an off cut from another job or a piece from their supplier. Put it with the other samples on site to get an idea of how it works with the light there.

A painter once advised me to use the same material we would be using in the final build to check the colour on because it will affect the look even if the same paint is used eg. paint on weatherboard off cuts or plasterboard or rendered blue board etc. 

• Like 1

My4beautifulboys
Posted (edited)

I think I’ve finally chosen, Windspray for the roof,  Shale Grey window frames, and small areas of woodland grey trim as a feature on the cladding. What do you think?

The second choice was gong to be Basalt roof, Windspray  windows and woodland grey as small areas of feature. 

Edited by My4beautifulboys

can'tstayaway
On 23/07/2020 at 5:16 PM, My4beautifulboys said:

I think I’ve finally chosen, Windspray for the roof,  Shale Grey window frames, and small areas of woodland grey trim as a feature on the cladding. What do you think?

The second choice was gong to be Basalt roof, Windspray  windows and woodland grey as small areas of feature. 

They sound like a great choice. 

• Like 1