Riotproof

Pack rats creative types

Riotproof

Does it ever actually get any better? 

dd5 seems to have a huge capacity to create various things. She sticks up stickers and pictures in her room, which is not too bad but she also creates these huge elaborate games and stories which seem to involve using anything she finds in a creative way. 

do I just need to be a cow and make her tidy it every time? She begs for it to stay and then it just accumulates and accumulates until I want to cry. 

purpleduck

Can you set loose boundaries to begin eg do a weekly display and then pick the favourite?

Have a designated creative zone to limit the spread?? 

Riotproof
Posted (edited)

I'm not sure, I've just cracked it and thrown out all the little pieces of paper she has all over her table. Now she could actually draw/colour on it. She found it all so upsetting. 

We don't have a huge living area, so it is just always there, iykwim? 

Edited by Riotproof

BadCat

Does it get better?

Um, I have a 21yo who commandeered a bunch of boxes to make a worm on a string habitat months ago which still sits on the floor in their room.  🤣

• Haha 1

Riotproof

😥

born.a.girl

No, it doesn't get any better.

I allow cardboard box creations a week.   One of the culprits is 70.  Usually for the benefit of the cats.

Riotproof

Sigh. 

Romeo Void

Mine would draw on the windows with spit or toothpaste if she couldn't get her hands on pencils and paper. She's 13 now and it's *slightly* better in that it's not so manic and multiple projects a day...but she still leaves it in a pile and walks away.