Bono25

Two years since my cat died

Bono25

_20200710_091107.thumb.JPG.e0f93310d77dcabc55ea9f6c11ad3646.JPGMy kiarra. Two years since I lost her and it feels as raw as it did the day I didn't get to bring her home. 

She was my special girl, slept beside me and moved next to my pillow after ds was born so I wasn't waking her up as much. Was always there when I needed to calm down. Gave me dirty looks of I stayed up too late. 

I miss those calm eyes so much

• Like 3
  • Sad 7

Chicken Pie

beautiful siamese...sorry it still hurts but i can completely relate as they are very special indeed

Bono25
27 minutes ago, Chicken Pie said:

beautiful siamese...sorry it still hurts but i can completely relate as they are very special indeed

Thank you (she's a birman though) 😊

Chicken Pie

Oh haha very similar :) 

• Like 1

Jenflea

I'm coming up to one year since I lost my cat too. 

It never gets easier really, I still miss all the cats I've had over the last 40 years. Because cats are amazing!

bubskitkat

Loosing a pet is real grief. I’m sorry

• Like 2

Chchgirl

I feel your pain. It's nearly a year since we lost our 15 year old dog..Never easy..

❤❤❤

Ozquoll

Birmans are very special 🥰

We said goodbye to our family cat about five years ago. He was half-Birman, and a bigger, bolder or more beautiful cat would be hard to imagine. He was so special to my entire family. Eighteen years was more than we could have expected but it was still devastating to say goodbye to him.

• Like 1

Bono25

Thank you everyone. It's really helped to know I'm not being silly being so upset about this. I still cry each year when I change the quilt to the one that was on when I took her to the vet for the last time. I still see her lying there. 

Yes, birmans are very special. I'm still in regular contact with the breeder I got her from. Both my mum and sister have her cats as well. Kiarra was the last to have that shade of blue. It was a deeper blue than in that picture. Like Liz Taylor's. So hard to get a good picture of. I couldn't cope with a birman, which is why I got Luna, Siberian. Still pretty chill, but doesn't the calmness that helped me. My Dr actually called me into his office after I saw a counselor for pnd because I only talked about my cat, and he wanted to be sure dp was helping too lol

• Like 2

Ferelsmegz

I'm so sorry :(

I lost my Siamese (Data) last year and its still a raw point for me. 

We have another now (Neelix) - they are brothers but from a different litter - he has definitely helped with the healing process but I miss Data alot. Having him healed alot of past traumas that I had experienced so when I lost him it hit hard. Esp as he was only 2...

Luckily Neelix is a choc point where as Data was seal so they arent too much alike. 

• Sad 1

little lion

She was a beautiful cat (and I am a dog person)!  I miss my two dogs every day. It has been two years and one year respectively since losing them. I still get teary. I don’t think you’re being silly. 

• Like 1

joykey

Just saw this and you're not being silly at all. Our relationships with our furbabies is so much more pure than with people. They love us so unselfishly and innocently.

The third anniversary of my losing my precious Sugar has just passed and I still cry whenever I think of her.  The pain is a testament to the bond you had with your Kiarra and is worth honouring.