purpleduck

Weather warning - NSW - big rain next week

purpleduck
Posted (edited)

Just read this - and then checked the weather forecast - lots of rain due early next week, with a possible East Coast low.

Posting in here as this may change some of our plans and I want to make sure we batten down the hatches before the rain hits (and get laundry done).

https://www.smh.com.au/environment/weather/looming-east-coast-low-could-bring-dangerous-weather-to-eastern-nsw-20200709-p55aim.html#comments

Rainfall totals are likely to climb above 100 millimetres for a large swath of the coast from Newcastle to Wollongong or beyond

Edited by purpleduck
edit
  • Like 4

Mrs Zee

Oh yay. 🙃🙄

purpleduck

I'm not sure if it will impact QLD or Vic, so if you are in those areas, maybe check the local news/forecasts as well.

Hands Up

Argh we’ve finally just had our roof fixed after leaks during the February storms. Rain still makes me anxious after two houses in a row with leaking roofs. 

• Like 2

Freddie'sMum

Of course we are going to get a rainly low - it's the second week of the school holidays !  I think we may need the rain though so I shouldn't complain too much.

lozoodle

Yuck. Glad I decided to return to working from home!

~*~blizzy~*~

I’ve been watching the forecast closely, our house flooded in the feb rains 🤦🏼‍♀️ 

it has def been downgraded with 100mm forecasted for tomorrow where I am, but only small tides thankfully 

• Like 1

Hands Up

Phew. We also had damage Blizzy and despite the roof being fixed I’m still pretty nervous about heavy rain. Very relieved it’s not going to be as heavy as anticipated.