Sign in to follow this  
Hummingbird82

'Typical format' Queensland govt interview?

Hummingbird82

Hello,

I have been out of work for the last few years and I'm feeling very much out of the loop!

I have an interview for a Queensland government job on Monday. I worked for the Victorian government for 10 years previously, but all the interviews I did were for internal positions. 

Has anyone had an interview recently for a Queensland government job? Any tips or advice? It will be on Microsoft teams because I'm still in Melbourne at the moment.

Thank you 🙂

IamtheMumma
Posted (edited)

There's always a conflict question. You might be asked to think of a situation where you had to deal with conflict and how did you handle it. 

Good luck with your interview. 

Edited by IamtheMumma
  • Like 1

Hummingbird82

Thank you so much! I was anticipating one, but that's great to know. 

tinselfoil hat

Use the app not the web version of teams. It’s more functional and easier to use 

• Like 2

little lion

Being familiar with the use of 365 is a great idea. Testing out the tech before hand is a good idea. If you don’t already have Teams, practice your lighting, speakers, camera with another video chat platform. Teams has a function where you can put a wallpaper background in. Lots of people use that if their true background is less than desirable. 

in my experience, there’s always a pre-task and a panel interview with perusal time. 

• Like 1