Dustyblue

Removing face-fuzz, how does one go about this?

Dustyblue

I caught a glance at myself in strong sunlight from the side, and did a double take. I'd not noticed, but I have much very fine blonde fuzz about my cheeks and jawline. 

I blame the fact I hadn't noticed on our old, dark house. I clearly need better lighting in the bathroom!

Having never removed facial hair other that tweezing eyebrows, I'm unsure what to try. Are those wax strips the best option? Now that I know about it, it must go.

~LemonMyrtle~

If it’s fine, and blonde, I wouldn’t bother. 

• Like 3

SecretGarden

Dermaplaning! Find a local salon that does it. 

• Like 1

Rainbowbear

Was also coming to say dermaplaning if it bothers you :)

• Like 1

71Cath

I had laser on my lip and chin - very happy with the results.

• Like 1

Dustyblue
Posted (edited)

Dermaplaning hey... I don't even know what it is but I like the sound of it already.

Ok looked it up very briefly. Promising!

I was hoping for an at-home option. Then again waxing my face doesn't appeal. I'm rural, but there are 2 'beauty salons' in town I've never been to. 

Is there a difference between the two (dermaplaning & laser) for hair removal? Ie, is one better for fine hairs and one for coarser hairs, etc?

Edited by Dustyblue

Dustyblue
56 minutes ago, ~LemonMyrtle~ said:

If it’s fine, and blonde, I wouldn’t bother. 

It is, but there's an awful lot of it. It's like I have an aura or halo around my face, it's distracting and unsightly.

wallofdodo

You can buy some of those face razors to give it a try.  There are some in Woolworths, Mco, apparently they are good, but some you get from daiso are better. 

• Like 1

JustBeige

Is it Peri-menopause that is causing it?  or did you notice some fluff.

They are dealt with very differently in my experience :D

amdirel

Following.

I had the same realisation about a year or so ago, and also that there were a few fine hairs above my lip that were a bit darker.

I tried the mini wax strips above my lip, it was easy and worked well but I found I would get a few tiny little white heads and red spots for a few days after. It wasn't too bad but enough to annoy me a little. It also obviously did nothing for the rest of the fuzz, and I wasn't keen on doing larger areas. And I also worried if it was noticeable in the light that I was fuzzy everywhere except above my lip lol.

Never heard of dermaplaning. It kind of sounds just like shaving where the hair grows back in a couple of days??

What about threading? Anyone tried that?

• Like 1

Noodlez

I started using the facial and brow shaver that @wallofdodoposted earlier. I loved it!! Previously I use to wax which was lot only painful but use to irritate my skin.  

I have since moved on to using a men’s shaver and I am loving the results, makeup goes on so much better!

• Like 1

Dustyblue

I thought threading was for eyebrows only?

I do like the look of that shaver. But what about the old theory regarding "shaving hair makes it grow back darker & thicker"? My legs appear to be testament to this! 

The hair removing spring looks a little, um, manual (read painful)!

FuzzyChocolateToes

Laser doesn't work on really light hair.

I have the fuzz too. I read about dermaplaning but got turned off by a bunch of horror stories! 😶

• Like 1

Froyo

Threading definitely isn't just for brows. I get my lip and jawline threaded as well as my brows .

• Like 3

WaitForMe
3 hours ago, Dustyblue said:

I thought threading was for eyebrows only?

I do like the look of that shaver. But what about the old theory regarding "shaving hair makes it grow back darker & thicker"? My legs appear to be testament to this! 

The hair removing spring looks a little, um, manual (read painful)!

Myth. It just creates a blunt end to the hair which makes it appear thicker.

• Like 5

Chicken Pie
16 hours ago, Noodlez said:

I started using the facial and brow shaver that @wallofdodoposted earlier. I loved it!! Previously I use to wax which was lot only painful but use to irritate my skin.  

I have since moved on to using a men’s shaver and I am loving the results, makeup goes on so much better!

which do you use now?

i posted months ago about DD and her 'moustache' worries (raised by her), she is happy with a facial shaver/groomer as its quick, easy and painless and doesnt irritate the skin

• Like 1

Lesley225

What do you mean by a men's shaver?  An electric one?

IamtheMumma

I bought Finishing Touch Flawless facial shaver and eyebrow shaver. I don't recommend them. I think I'm part echidna as the razors don't work on my peach fuzz. It is a long process with multiple go overs to get smooth. Then you get to do it again the next day. 

• Like 1

BadCat

Unless you want to do it daily, waxing or anything else that rips the hair out instead of cutting it is the go.

• Like 2

Jenflea

I saw a thread on FB about this topic a few months ago and a lot of women said they just shave in the shower, just like a man does.  

Use a good shaving foam and they're all happy with the results.  I've tried it once or twice and it seems to take ages before i notice the long blonde peach fuzz. (stupid PCOS). 

• Like 1

Jenflea

I did buy a facial razor at Big W but the ripples don't seem to do much cutting, it seems quite blunt.  Did get rid of dead skin though as it scraped but not much hair was removed at all. 

• Like 1

raechel82
48 minutes ago, Jenflea said:

I did buy a facial razor at Big W but the ripples don't seem to do much cutting, it seems quite blunt.  Did get rid of dead skin though as it scraped but not much hair was removed at all. 

Yep was the same experience I had.

I have used hair removal cream, was okayish.  I’d like something quick and easy even if I have to do it fairly often.

• Like 2