Sign in to follow this  
Maree83

Alternative baby boy names

Maree83
Posted (edited)

Hi Guys,

I have a while to go in my pregnancy,  but since it takes so long for my husband and I to choose baby names, we have started the discussion. 

We are not finding out the gender so we are choosing both girl and boy names. We both love the girls names we have chosen,  but can't agree on the boy name. 

My husband loves Tariq. I don't mind it, but don't love it. It is the only boys name that we kind of agree on, meaning he does not like my chosen boy names and this is the only one of his, I don't hate, lol.

Don't really want to name a boy something I don't really love (I want us both to love the name),  so do you have any names for boys that have a similar vibe?

We have very different tastes in boys names it seems!

Edited by Maree83
Oh, and keep on mind we have a long last name!

got my tinsel on

so what names do you like? 

Maree83

OH doesn't really like my choices.  He likes my girls names, but wasn't a fan of the boys names. 

The names I gave him originally were Jack, Atticus,  Maison and Tate. 

I would like to come up with some  alternatives. OH seems to prefer names that are not overly common. 

kerilyntaryn

What are Taran or Mailk similar to Tariq/Tarik. Others Jake, Nate, Jason, Hayden, Leighton, Maddox, Madden, Axel, Grant, Jared, Dean, Todd, Sean, Vaughn, Bennett, Emmett, Everett, Caelen, Callum, Caden, Cadel, Corban, Cormac, Asher, Ashton, Dante, Eli, Ezekiel, Zane, Zade, Felix, Henrik, Joel, Joash, Josiah, Kane, Luke, Mark, Peter, Seth, Levi, Reuben, Stewart, Philip, Quentin, Rafael, Rufus, Silas, Simon, Stephen, Saul, Timothy, Vance, Xavier, Xander, Zion

Gudrun
Posted (edited)

I quite like Tariq.  Maybe you like the spelling Tarik?

Tamar

Tyquin

Tarquin

Tarkin

Omar

Zenith

Larkin

Maxime

Casimir

Arik

Olek

Felix

Kirk

Dirk

Iago

Yannick

Marcel

Edited by Gudrun

Chamomile

What about Tarek? 

Prancer is coming

I loved Teague as a name.  I quite like Malik, which sounds like Tariq.  What about Tynan?  Tarkin or Tarquin?  Tex?  

Maree83

Thanks for the ideas guys! Maybe Tariq will grow on me, I don't dislike it, but not crazy about it either.

Appreciate all the alternatives!

• Like 1

Ernegirl

Alaric? Sort of a cross between Atticus and Tariq...What were your husband's other choices?

onetrick

Tariq is one of the people on one of the Reno shows (fixer upper? It was Tariq and Chrstina). That's what I think of... 

Also love pps suggestion of Malik :)

• Like 1

Maree83
Posted (edited)

In response to what were my husband's other choices.....he has his heart set on Tariq it seems. He has no other choice as yet. He likes Tariq Tate.

We both has quite a few options for a girl, but he hasn't swayed from Tariq.

Edited by Maree83
  • Like 1

kerilyntaryn

sounds like he his pretty set,  is he set on the spelling  what about Tarik, Tarek, Tarquin, Tatum, Tarken

others Tavian, Taj, Tanian, Tane, Talon, Tanek, Tanus, Tarez, Taron, Taran, Tavin Tarian Taavi  Taddeo Taylor

lizzzard

I just thought I'd mention that DH chose DS's name and I was a bit ambivalent about it to start with - I didn't dislike it, but I didn't love it the way I loved our DD's name. However we went with it, and now of course, I do love it! It's DS's name so of course I like it, but I also found things about it that appealed - eg, it's a solid Scottish name so there's some nice significance from a heritage perspective that I now appreciate. So I guess yu might find the same with Tariq?

Kiwi Bicycle
3 hours ago, onetrick said:

Tariq is one of the people on one of the Reno shows (fixer upper? It was Tariq and Chrstina). That's what I think of... 

Also love pps suggestion of Malik :)

It's Flip or Flop ( the orginal LA version).

I like Torin. I have seen it used as a girls name but historically it's a male name.

• Like 1

~Peahen~

Ive seen Tarquin mentioned a few times here. It was the first name that popped into my mind too. I love it. 

I've only ever come across one Tarquin and he was/is the most wonderful guy in many many ways so I have a fond association with the name. 

Jaryn was another one that I thought of when reading the OP.

PuddingPlease

I like Tariq and Malik too. 

Is your husband keen on an Arabic name specifically? 

Maree83

No, he isn't too concerned with the origin of the name. He likes it spelt Tariq as well. Considering how much he loves it, I am thinking about just going with it. 

Hopefully if we have a boy he will look like a Tariq.😃

As I said,  I don't dislike it or anything,  so it definitely may grow on me. I think just because we absolutely LOVE the girls name we chose, I expected to feel the same about the boys name. I actually find boys names harder, no idea why. Since posting this, I have already started to like it a little more. 

• Like 2

kerilyntaryn

others similar Derek Henrik Frederick Patrick Eric Aric Kendric  Jarrick Jerrick Maverick Thedrick Zedrick

Gudrun

Quentin

YodaTheWrinkledOne

Boys names similar to Tariq (none of the names below are super popular atm)

Derek

Garrett

Eric

Dominic 

Randall

Patrick

Malik

kerilyntaryn

Op have you come across other names you like, what are the siblings names