Mose

One positive thing a day in lockdown

nom_de_plume

DD is attending her first ever Zoom birthday party in the lounge room. Middle DS is in his room talking to a friend on Messenger Kids and playing lego. 

• Like 1

CCABW

Today’s positive- relaxing at home doing absolutely nothing 😃

Silverstreak

It's currently not raining in Melbourne. : P

I cooked a lot yesterday so don't have to cook today.

Just over three weeks until the end of Winter. Winter / lockdown / Melbourne is not a barrel of laughs, that's for sure!

• Like 1

Mose

DH spent a ridiculous amount of time working out how to get DS set up for multi player Minecraft.  I haven't seen DS so energised in weeks.

Gumbette
On 10/07/2020 at 10:11 AM, maryanneK said:

I'm just happy that the 2nd lockdown means there's no chance of being sent back to work in the office. I'm generally glad to be WFH, saving so much time, effort and money not having to commute.

Me too.  I feel awful for all the extroverts, but gosh I love working in my ugg boots and saving $400 / month on parking fees.

• Like 1

Kallie88

It's the weekend,  so DH home and I've been able to put my feet up a bit more and finish up some last minute preparations around the house.

• Like 1

WaitForMe

It was an absolutely gorgeous day in Melbs today!

We are living elsewhere, in respite housing while major 24/7 construction happens near our home. Its smaller (lets not dwell on the bad though) but it overlooks Merri creek and it is just gorgeous looking out at it everyday. It is going to be hard to leave!

The place also has a killer heater, our house is not the best at keeping warm, so we are loving the cozy feel too.

Oh and we've been given a bunch of surplus meals for free from a friends business so no cooking tonight!

• Like 3

Silverstreak

DS and I had a really nice first day of homeschooling: we went for a walk in the sunshine, did some cooking for home ec, DS did some schoolwork (with prompting!) and all the tech aspect ran pretty smoothly. Feeling very good about things at present. 😀

Kallie88

Today's my last day of pregnancy ever, thank god for that 😄

• Like 11

Mose
44 minutes ago, Kallie88 said:

Today's my last day of pregnancy ever, thank god for that 😄

I was coming in to nominate news from the Vic support thread that you are having baby sometime in the next day or so as my positive!

Meanwhile, I am sitting in last of evening sun on my porch on EB. I know full well 3 y.o. is making mud on other side of house. I even made her change to older shoes to do it. Am very deliberately choosing not to supervise.

• Like 1

Hypnic Jerk

Every member of the public i dealt with today was lovely.

• Like 4

CCABW

Today’s positive- making big inroads into work to do list.

• Like 1

PhillipaCrawford

Ran my first ever zoom kindergarten class. They were so happy to see each other and I was near tears seeing them.

After 4 intense incredibly stressful days working out how and no sleep last night (because that was going to improve it) it was great.

See school teachers get laptops and departmental advice. We get to Google.

• Like 5

cardamom

Good luck tomorrow @Kallie88!

• Like 2

WaitForMe

So last week we just muddled through Thursday and Friday with DD2 home from childcare - DD1 got basically no school work done.

So today marked the first day of enacting our plan, with DH working mornings, me working afternoons. I normally don't work Mondays but have spread my hours over 5 days. This meant zero meetings. Bliss! We even managed to get some schoolwork done.

• Like 4