Mose

One positive thing a day in lockdown

Mose

Hi everyone

As I mentioned in the Vic support thread, I thought it would be cool to focus on doing or achieving one thing that makes me happy each day during the lockdown period.  I would love it if others would join me!  No judgment about the things that make us happy ... if deep cleaning the toilet is your thing I will happily cheer you on!

This week I am on hols, so I am gunning for two things today

1) Set up my son's book list for the reading challenge he is doing with his aunt - done

2) Prune the roses - to come

• Like 2

JLCJ

I'm doing a big cook-up so I have batches for the freezer: pumpkin soup; spaghetti bolognaise sauce, beef stroganoff.

Bandwagon

Clean sheets! Can’t wait until bedtime. 

• Like 8

JRA

No hockey stuff, so I am doing cross stitch. So happy

• Like 3

Zeppelina

I went for a walk in the sun, AND managed to find potatoes at the supermarket when I stopped in during the walk (our supermarket has had practically no fresh veg/fruit for the last couple of weeks).

nom_de_plume

I washed the shower curtain and did a workout at home.

• Like 1

kadoodle
16 minutes ago, Bandwagon said:

Clean sheets! Can’t wait until bedtime. 

Good idea, I’ll do that now.

Just baked DS2 a chocolate cake for his birthday.

• Like 6

Serapod

I haven't got dressed today. But the dishes are done, bathroom wiped, toilets cleaned, washing away, my dresser is dusted and wiped, clothes up off the floor and I cleansed my face (trying to keep up a brand new skin care routine.) And my son is playing in his bedroom. I am curled up under a blanket in silence on the couch. 

Winning.

• Like 5

Ozquoll
Posted (edited)

I live on a busy road. Traffic is way down from usual, so I can open the doors to let in the fresh air and sunshine without being subjected to the usual blast of traffic noise 👍

Edited by Ozquoll
  • Like 3

Mooples

My boys are playing happily together in the back yard enjoying the beautiful sun. 

• Like 3

Kallie88

I ordered potato cakes for lunch 😅 pregnancy craving lately

I should also do the fruit and veg order today, that'd be a good accomplishment

• Like 1

Silverstreak

I was able to help a loved one navigate Centrelink and their claim was successful, including backpay, so chuffed and happy for them! 

It's been sunny and I've got the washing out, also swept the floor, folded some washing and cleaned the kitchen, so downstairs looks good.

Guess that's two things, but today has been a good day.

• Like 7

maryanneK

I washed and blow dried my hair then pretty much packed away the hair dryer and shampoo thinking I won't need clean hair again for a while! Lockdown hair is very low maintenance!

jojonbeanie

A pamper pack arrived in the mail from a gorgeous friend. The house is now full of the scent of a mandarin and mint candle.

• Like 10

born.a.girl

I found a missing sock.

• Like 5
  • Haha 10

Mose

Roses are pruned. And fed. And one of the garden beds weeded.  Now cuddling up on the couch with my son, a book each, and some m&ms.

• Like 1

Datrys

One of my intentions for this time is to deliberately try some creative things.

So... here is a triptych of photographs from Bonny Butterfly's excursion to the botanical gardens today...

(The photography isn't awesome, but the point was to try to learn!  And I did find it encouraging to see some spring blossom...)

WP_20200709_004.jpg

WP_20200709_003.jpg

WP_20200709_001.jpg

• Like 11

Bandwagon
Posted (edited)

I finished knitting the second sock. Always less exciting than the first. 

now to finish the next second sock. 

Edited by Bandwagon
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

Dianalynch

Got some work done, and had a walk in the sun. 

123Tree

This thread is a great idea as I am having a really bad day today and yesterday.  I feel so bloody flat. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

Zeppelina
3 minutes ago, 123Tree said:

This thread is a great idea as I am having a really bad day today and yesterday.  I feel so bloody flat. 

:hugs:hugs to you 123Tree. I hope tomorrow is a better one.

• Like 2

purpleduck

While I do feel exhausted tonight, I did go for 2 walks today, including dragging my kids along for one of them. I need to keep reminding myself to appreciate when they aren't killing each other and that noisy kids can equal happy kids (in spite of the noise levels) ;) It was nice to have them with me, no screens and the weather was nice here too.

dopeydoo

We had a backyard fire tonight and kids are asleep in the tent with DH so I get to stretch out with the bed to myself tonight! 

I spent the first half of the day fighting off the panic of homeschool/work on my own but have ended it more calmly. 

• Like 1

ballogo

As I said in the other thread:

• I have set up a little work station for myself in my bedroom which only required rearranging the house not purchasing anything.
  • I did a load of laundry which is almost dry so there is no massive pile up of clothes waiting to be washed nor piles waiting to be folded nor piles waiting to be put away.
  • Some positive contact with my new employees which show that I am likely going into a positive and supportive environment.

ballogo
27 minutes ago, 123Tree said:

Oh 123Tree I'm so sorry to hear that.  I felt terrible last night as well so you have my full empathy.  I hope you start to feel better soon.  Know that we are all in this with you and let us know what we can do to help you.

• Like 1