BadCat

Daniel Andrews

BadCat

I have just decided to install Daniel Andrews as the Prime Minister, effective tomorrow.

Anyone has a problem with that, please send your objection by bonded messenger, in triplicate, in three separate envelopes, one pink, one grey, and one orange.  Ensure the messenger knows the appropriate code or I will not accept the messages. Also, I'm not telling you the code.

• Like 29
  • Haha 4

#notallcats

Gosh really?

If I had the power to install a PM,  I'd hope for far better than Dan Andrews.    Locking up marginalized people, for the "greater good", is not my idea of a desirable PM.   Completely unforgivable and unacceptable.  Don't get the Dan love on EB. 

Expect my bonded, triple addressed, coded,  enveloped protest in the morning. 

• Like 1

rosie28

I couldn’t agree more. I’ve worked with him a bit and he’s lovely quite aside from anything else. 

• Like 4

seayork2002

I am neutral on him personally but I would bet no matter what he does will always be wrong and people will complain

• Like 2

TinCat 🐈

I'd be ok with that.

As for "locking up marginalised people for the greater good" it's slightly more nuanced than that and is on the advice of the public health team. It's also not like he locked them up and threw away the key. 

• Like 17

Meepy

I’m with you @BadCat.  Viva la revolution!

• Like 2

Reader

I don’t know how it would be possible to deal with a crisis of this scale day after day, month after month, and not have any mistakes made. There have been, but it seems they have also been addressed as quickly as possible. I’m a Victorian and  I appreciate that he fronts up almost every day to press conferences, and is generally a pretty straight talker and clear communicator. 

• Like 20

It's Percy

Maybe I'd agree if he hadn't taken the cheap option of using security guards instead of the ADF as the other states did. 

• Like 4

BadCat

The difference between him answering questions and certain other [politicians who shall be nameless "answering" questions is a stark demonstration of the difference between someone trying to save lives and someone trying to save their own a*se.

Just the simple fact that he accepts responsibility is more than I've seen in a politician in quite some time.

• Like 27

Meepy

@Its Percy it is a fallacy that all other states used the adf.  Many used a mixture of adf, police, guards etc.  I don’t think it was taken as a cheap option either, it was a quick decision to make and they didn’t get it completely right.  However, the lack of training, protocol breaches lies with all of the parties - contracted companies, subcontractors, individual guards and the government.  It can’t be all blamed on Daniel Andrews as he is not the person making the decision on how to do it - think of him as a CEO - directs underlings to undertake an order and they have to do it.  If he was micromanaging I would say he wasn’t running the state properly.

• Like 8

It's Percy

He didn't seem to accept any responsibility on the 7.30 report tonight. Just deflected any questioning on his use of the guards to it being under a judicial review. 

• Like 1

Meepy

If something is under judicial review, you cannot comment without prejudice.  The separation of powers allows for the judicial system and executive to be separated.  If DA was to comment, it may be seen as prejudicial to the findings.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

Zeppelina

I'm with you Badcat.

And he can bring Brett Sutton as our national CMO too, please.

• Like 8

Freddie'sMum

I don't like / care for any of the State Premiers but I honestly think they have all done the very best they can do during a very, very bad time.  I don't like Gladys very much here in NSW but again, I think she's done a good job during this on-going, ever- changing crisis.  Scott Morrison on the other hand can go jump ....

• Like 3

gruidae

I'm not sure Dan can be blamed for the poor execution at the flats. That's whoever at either DHHS or Vic Police were in charge of managing the response. Somewhere along the line "wrap around services" turned into wrap around the building to keep any danger of services out. If defensiveness of Dan is what's causing the lack of empathy for those trapped with no food, medications etc, then yes perhaps it needs to be toned down at least to the point where people can hear that whoever was in charge of that response made/continues to make a complete dog's breakfast of it. Arguments still occurring trying to get medicaitons in and it's day 5. Dan's alright and way better than Scummo but Mcgowan and Palazczuk have stood up to the Libs better imo

• Like 3

Poughkeepsie

I don’t know...I think the WA Premier has pretty much outdone all the other pollies so far. 🤷‍♀️
“There’s nothing unlawful about going for a run and eating a kebab” 

• Like 9

Reader
9 minutes ago, Meepy said:

@Its Percy it is a fallacy that all other states used the adf.  Many used a mixture of adf, police, guards etc.  I don’t think it was taken as a cheap option either, it was a quick decision to make and they didn’t get it completely right.  However, the lack of training, protocol breaches lies with all of the parties - contracted companies, subcontractors, individual guards and the government.  It can’t be all blamed on Daniel Andrews as he is not the person making the decision on how to do it - think of him as a CEO - directs underlings to undertake an order and they have to do it.  If he was micromanaging I would say he wasn’t running the state properly.

Someone in another thread said he should have been personally inspecting the hotels to make sure everything was implemented correctly. Now that would have been micromanaging!

• Like 4

Soontobegran
25 minutes ago, It's Percy said:

Maybe I'd agree if he hadn't taken the cheap option of using security guards instead of the ADF as the other states did. 

But they didn't all use the ADF.

• Like 3

PocketIcikleflakes

Yep I agree with Mark McGowan for PM.  Managing the pandemic response for WA would have very different challenges than VIC but throughout I've felt he's been open, pragmatic, acknowledged how hard this is on people, and not been afraid to tell people to pull their heads in over border closures, and defended the right of mullet owners to go to bars when they reopened.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Soontobegran

I see a man who despite the fact that he is probably existing on a couple of hours of restless sleep, has a family with a child doing VCE, and is being attacked and blamed for the poor decision others have made who still accepts his part in what has happened.

He does not make all the hard decisions alone but you never hear him trying to drag someone else into it when things go wrong.

I say to his naysayers....could you do better ?

• Like 38
  • Thanks 1

Mrs Zee

I agree with all that stbg. No way would I want all that on my shoulders. 

• Like 1

can'tstayaway
13 minutes ago, gruidae said:

Dan's alright and way better than Scummo but Mcgowan and Palazczuk have stood up to the Libs better imo

I don’t think Anastasia Palaszczuk (Qld Premier) can take credit for a completely ineffectual opposition. I can barely remember the opposition leader’s name and I like to keep up to date with my politics. 

Another vote for Dan here too. Whoops, this isn’t a democracy, it’s a BadCat-ocracy 😁

• Like 1

Happydaisy3
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, #notallcats said:

Gosh really?

If I had the power to install a PM,  I'd hope for far better than Dan Andrews.    Locking up marginalized people, for the "greater good", is not my idea of a desirable PM.   Completely unforgivable and unacceptable.  Don't get the Dan love on EB. 

Expect my bonded, triple addressed, coded,  enveloped protest in the morning. 

I’m normally a big Dan Andrews fan & have for the most part thing he has done a great job.  However, I’m very concerned about what has happened at the housing commission also.  Would I want him for PM yes I would I like a leader that takes family violence seriously.  Gladys on the hand has shown what a terrible leader she is first the Ruby Princess & then her a leader who has tried to bully the QLD premier the whole way through this has shown just what a terrible leader she is.

Edited by Happydaisy3
  • Like 1

Lime-Polka-Dot

I won't lie, I've read so much sh*t on Facebook as a Melbournian that I was ready to come into this thread on the defense.. The silence about Victoria in the past month from SCOMO has been deafening! From the beginning, I've been happy with Dan's response. Not pleased with what it's meant for me personally, still being expected to work in a very risky area but still respected the overall approach.

• Like 8

Atomac
22 minutes ago, PocketIcikleflakes said:

Yep I agree with Mark McGowan for PM.  Managing the pandemic response for WA would have very different challenges than VIC but throughout I've felt he's been open, pragmatic, acknowledged how hard this is on people, and not been afraid to tell people to pull their heads in over border closures, and defended the right of mullet owners to go to bars when they reopened.

You can't have Mark McGowan for PM as we are keeping him here in WA.

• Like 3