seayork2002

For anyone who wants to order books online

seayork2002

No I have no connection with them but I ordered books Sunday afternoon through Booktopia  and paid $7.95 (I think that was it) normal post and they arrived this morning - I was well impressed! especially as it seems everything is taking ages latley

• Like 3

Riotproof

Booktopia are pretty good. If you go via booko.com shipping is usually free. 

• Thanks 2

Jenflea

I'm FINALLY getting the last 3 books I ordered through Abbey's in March this week!

I do like to stay local but 14 weeks was hard lol. 

seayork2002
2 hours ago, Riotproof said:

Booktopia are pretty good. If you go via booko.com shipping is usually free. 

Thanks for that, I have used Booktopia before but glad about the free shipping!

• Like 1

Lesley225

Part of my last order from bookdepositry arrived in about a week unlike the weeks a set of earing took from the UK.

• Like 1

RynandStompy

Thank you. Til now I'd avoided Booktopia due to so much negative reviews and feedback about lengthy waits. Even pre-Covid and last year. I'm willing to give them a go now as I'd like to reduce use of Book Depository. 

Riotproof

Bad reviews where? They’ve always been excellent. I think I’ve been using them for 5 years at least. 

• Like 1

CrankyM
Posted (edited)

Really @RynandStompy? Are you sure you don’t mean book depository? I’ve ordered from Booktopia as my preferred bookstore for print for the last two years because they are great service wise 98% of the time. And similar prices to book depository which can take bloody forever to get stuff to you. Booktopia even mark if it’s in the Warehouse or not and how long it will be before they send out. 

ETA sorry read you post again. Ignore above. Booktopia are sooooo much better then book depository. And dymocks (will never use them again), and Angus and Robertson and co-op bookstore and definitely fishpond. Heck, I ordered something from amazon just recently and they’ve lost my package twice now and I should have just gone with booktopia which at least had marked the book at needing 4 weeks to come in. 

Edited by CrankyM

Freddie'sMum

Love Booktopia.  They have a huge selection of kids books and their delivery has been fantastic - even during Covid.

Lesley225

I usually use bookdepositry as most of what I want is not in Australia.   I've never had any problems with them and I ordered some things a couple of weeks ago and never had such quick delivery.

can'tstayaway

I’m another Booktopia fan. 

Even though we’re unlikely to be going anywhere, you can also earn Qantas FF points 😝