Sign in to follow this  
Lunafreya

Fantasy real estate: who wants a castle?

Expelliarmus

Yes.

I will have a castle please and I shall decorate it like Hogwarts.

• Like 1

esme weatherwax

A castle conveniently located near the train station - shut up and take my money!!!! If only I had enough money to take 😂

• Haha 2

MooGuru
1 hour ago, esme weatherwax said:

A castle conveniently located near the train station - shut up and take my money!!!! If only I had enough money to take 😂

That was pretty much exactly my reaction!

• Haha 1

Hollycoddle
Posted (edited)

The white windowframes in the OP's castle spoil it IMO.  On ACA or another show the other night there was an Aussie couple who bought and renovated a castle in Scotland which they're operating as a B&B.  It cost them AU600K and just as much on top to get it up to scratch.  Beautiful though!

https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/australia/australian-couple-transform-scottish-castle-into-airbnb/vi-BB16lPUP

I want the eyrie bed in this Irish one, I could stay up there forever with a stack of good books!

https://www.castleist.com/695k-co-clare-ireland-16th-century-tower-house

I love how this site has a section for 'latest castles for sale', as if they come up on the market all the time and that we can all just afford to browse until we settle on one we like lol.

Edited by Hollycoddle
  • Like 1

Tinky Winky Woo

I like the domed bedroom in BC's castle but would need to pain the room a lighter colour - I don't really like dark tones.

But I definitely like castle as is in Luna's castle.

Ozquoll

There used to be a website - or was it just a meme? - comparing gorgeous castles overseas with what the same amount of money would buy you in Sydney 😁. So for $1.3 million you could get a 6br refurbished 18th century manor house in the Loire Valley OR an asbestos-ridden condemned house on 260sqm in Petersham. 

I miss that website 🤔

• Like 1

BadCat

Funny, I've been pondering painting my house in dark colours recently.  It was off white when I moved in.  I hate it.  I want dark.