Sign in to follow this  
22Fruitmincepies

Blow drying brush recommendation

22Fruitmincepies

My ancient one broke, and I need a new one. I’d love some recommendations. 

My hair is fine but there is lots of it, and just past my shoulders. 

22Fruitmincepies

I know it’s a terribly boring topic, but EB recommendations are the best. 

Jenflea

As in a brush to use while blowdrying, or a heated brush that dries and styles at the same time? 

22Fruitmincepies
34 minutes ago, Jenflea said:

As in a brush to use while blowdrying, or a heated brush that dries and styles at the same time? 

To use while blow drying 

Mose

I got one of the tangle free kids ones on a two for deal - my daughter needed one, and I couldn't be bothered going out or looking around to replace my old one. They are awesome for daughter and for me.

Takes a bit if getting used to how gentle it is!!

~LemonMyrtle~
Posted (edited)

I just use whatever big oval or big square brush I can get. I prefer a single piece brush and handle, cause otherwise I snap the handles off pretty quick (thick heavy hair here), so that limits the ones a buy a bit. And I also won’t spend a fortune. 

edit: I think they’re called “paddle” brushes. 

Edited by ~LemonMyrtle~

purpleblaze
FuzzyChocolateToes

I got my haircut a few weeks ago ( badly overdue because of Covid) and the hairdresser used a paddle brush to blow wave my hair. It looked great! I didn't know  a paddle brush was suitable for blow drying. 

can'tstayaway

My DD has fine, long hair and uses a paddle brush (on my stylist’s recommendation). 

I have really thick, long hair and I use a big round one kinda like Jenflea’s except mine doesn’t have the holes in it but has some sort of ceramic material which actually does help my hair shine and not have so many flyaways. It’s a boar bristle brush which I know some people don’t like. 

• Like 1

Jenflea

Oh my hairdresser used a boar bristle brush on me once, it was so good! Shiny and silky, BUT she also spends way more time drying my hair than I ever do! I was seriously tempted to buy a boar brush after that actually. 

Dusty

I have fine hair but lots of it, my hair sits around my clavicles.  

I’ve recently purchased a Babyliss rotating heating brush as my ancient vassoon lost it’s ability to defrizz , the vassoon was great for many years and I was able to adapt to the power of the rotating brush easily. The Babyliss... well I’m still getting used to the power of the rotating brush , it’s full on!  ATM I use my Babyliss as a heated hairbrush and it works a treat and straightens my hair easy peasy! 

note:  your hair needs to be half dry before using the Babyliss

Cheers,

Jules

• Like 1