My4beautifulboys

Ds runny nose

My4beautifulboys

Ds 13 did have a runny nose, the runny nose has now gone. But he does seem a little hoarse. He isn’t wheezy or anything like that. I’m not sure if he should see the Dr or not. They’d obviously listen to his chest etc.  Older children have more resistance and immunity, than younger ones. And from past experience can mostly can shake it off. 

Prancer is coming

Personally, I would not see a doctor for a runny nose and maybe a sore throat, unless I needed a med cert for work.  However, I would ring the public health line to see if he needed a corona test, which they can then do a referral for.

• Like 1

PuddingPlease

Are you worried about Covid19? If that's the concern then it depends a bit on the criteria for testing where you are. 

If you are in an area where anyone can be tested then it's probably worth doing so. If they are only testing those with symptoms  then it's worth having a look at the complete list of symptoms and asking him if he has any of them. If he does then I'd get tested but if he doesn't then he won't be able to be tested anyway so the decision is made for you.

Can you do a Telehealth appointment with a GP if you are unsure?

My4beautifulboys

No I’m not really concerned about COVID as no cases in our remote community. But if he presented to a Dr, to listen to his chest. Then he would most likely be tested. I’m not sure if he should see a Dr or not, just with a hoarse voice. Ds thinks it’s on his chest a little bit, bit he’s well. Is it best see Dr, perhaps have an x ray. 

PuddingPlease

If your husband thinks he has a chest infection then I would get him checked out.

I have some history of thinking my kids are fine when they have rampant ear infections so I'd be inclined to let him trust his gut.

It's really hard to say without seeing him and without training it's not always possible to hear a chest infection. The worst that can happen is that the GP says he's fine.