Gabbitz

Congenital Heart Failure - 7 week old in hospital

Gabbitz

So I said in my last post that we were falling into a bit of a routine! Well routine got blown to smithereens this week when I woke up at midnight Tuesday with a sore throat. Haven’t been able to visit DD while sick. My throat has been so bad, I’ve struggled to eat and drink and lost 4 kg.

then yesterday evening DD supposedly started sneezing and had sniffles. So COVID testing all round and isolation until results come back. 😭

on a positive note,

1. I’m friends with one of the chaplains who’s been visiting us over the last few weeks. She went into visit her today and was able to facilitate a FaceTime call. I’m sure DD had no idea, but I was so happy to at least see her.

2. DD put on 135g over the last week, so whilst it’s not brilliant weight gain for her age, it was a bigger gain than previous, so the feed adjustment helped. 

3. DD got ‘diagnosed’ as a FOMO baby (fear of missing out!), so putting her into a single room means there’s will be fewer sounds to distract her from sleeping!

4. I suspect DD is going to be a social butterfly, she loves watching people’s faces and her smiles have been coming with greater frequency. She’s started kicking her toys above her head and occasionally reaches for them too! So whilst I don’t like that her firsts are happening in hospital, I’m glad to see they are happening at developmentally correct times. I makes me happy that there doesn’t seem to be anything to be concerned about with muscle movement or brain development.

Anyway, I just wanted to vent a little and let everyone know our saga is still plodding along. 6 weeks now, sigh. 

Thanks ladies. 

• Like 15

little lion

What a rotten time to get a cold. I hope that’s what the tests will show. Great that you’ve had some positives with milestones and the video call. Keep posting if it helps. Lots of us here are reading along and cheering for the small wins. 

• Like 1

Sentient Puddle

Yes, as above - lots of us are following on and as I dont have any experience of NICU or anything to contribute - just reading along and sending positive vibes and hope you get the test results soon and feel better and get in to visit. xxxxxx

tweedle-dee

Gabbitz, your positivity is amazing! So glad to hear the good pieces of your update, and hope you get some negative COVID results ASAP 

IamOzgirl

Awww so cute about FOMO and how you think she will be social. 

yay for the chaplain but boo for the cold. I truly hope that’s all it is and you back with your DD quickly. 

Redchick2

So frustrating for you! But wonderful that she is reaching out for things - and her smiles must be gorgeous! 

hope you feel better soon and can be back with your FOMO (love that diagnosis!) girl.

:bighug:

Mumsyto2

I'm sorry. It's an absolutely sh*te time to have a baby in ICU or indeed any child in hospital. Hopefully her sniffles are nothing serious and you are able to get back in as soon as possible.