baba2021

Due in March 2021

TeaLover

We haven’t done any of the testing with our other kids but we recently found out our eldest has a chromosome issue as well as autism, so we have gone with the harmony test this time for some extra peace of mind on that front. And finding out the sex was a bonus too haha We found out sex with the others too, kept the first one a secret but then told anyone who asked the next two times. 

Exciting times @Zel lala & @blackcat20

*Andi*

Great news @TeaLover!

I'll be doing the NIPT, even though the embryos we used had their chromosomes tested. Just want to do as much as possible for reassurance!

It won't be able to tell us the sex, unless they're both girls I believe, but I'll find that out. It's a much more emotive topic for us since losing our boy so some time to prepare either way would be good. I might be able to ask the IVF clinic what sex they are, haven't decided if I will or not though. 

Not much to report here, had a nice long afternoon nap today though! I took 1/4 of a restavit last night as I've been having terrible insomnia. I still woke a few times, but didn't stay awake for hours. Oh and I wish my bleeding would bugger off! It's been happening the whole pg, but it was a fair bit heavier last night/this morning. Has stopped again. Ob wrote up a scan form in case I wanted it, but my viability scan was only 3 days ago so I'll see how it goes over the weekend. Can't wait to get off the clexane and pessaries, hopefully it will go away then. 

• Like 2

tinselfoil hat

The bleeding must be stressful @Andi. Is that normal for you? Good you have such a proactive ob. 

We aren’t doing NIPT but we will find out the gender at the 20 week scan. We didn’t find out last time and I had a lot of trouble bonding so I am hoping finding out and naming it early will help with that. We have a name for a girl but are lost with boy names so I do hope it’s a girl for convenience!

Had anyone else got names in mind?

• Like 1

Zel lala

I have an idea on what we'd be a boy/ girl. But not 100% set just yet and haven't at all discussed it with DH. It still feels really surreal that I'm pregnant! 

DH is greek and following tradition DD is named after my MIL. This bub will be named after FIL

• Like 2

TeaLover

We haven't even started discussing names. It's not a fun topic here, with two totally different tastes/styles. I have some names I like but it'll be interesting seeing if I can win DH over lol I find boys names really difficult too. 

• Like 1

*Andi*
1 hour ago, tinselfoil hat said:

The bleeding must be stressful @Andi. Is that normal for you? Good you have such a proactive ob. 

We aren’t doing NIPT but we will find out the gender at the 20 week scan. We didn’t find out last time and I had a lot of trouble bonding so I am hoping finding out and naming it early will help with that. We have a name for a girl but are lost with boy names so I do hope it’s a girl for convenience!

Had anyone else got names in mind?

I have had bleeding before - had a huge one with palm-sized clots at 6w with DD1, then some random spotting with the others. Never this prolonged, but the other times I was only on clexane, this time it's clexane plus aspirin. I'll feel better if and when it stops though! My ob is great, they really look after me. I've been seeing him for a long time! 

Oh I hear you on the names! I could name so many girls but really struggle with boys. First two we didn't find out (both girls), we did with our boy which I'm really glad about. Will definitely need to know this time to organise two names 😬

• Like 1

blackcat20

I struggle with girls names, our last name end with a Y which wipes a lot of combos out.