Pooks_

Public housing lockdown

seayork2002

Yes I get why the residents themselves are annoyed/upset etc.  but I don't why people not involved in this housing situation are going into Armageddon panic mode?

PuddingPlease
2 hours ago, Dustyblue said:

I used to live in Nth Richmond near one of the towers, and befriended a woman who lived alone there. Believe me, that building was frightening at the best of times. In a sense yes- some people might actually be better off for the police presence. But feel sick for everyone else.

It's a minor point but none of the flats in Richmond are in lock-down. All the affected towers are in the hot spot postcodes of Flemington/Kensington and North Melbourne.

• Like 1

Dustyblue
Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, PuddingPlease said:

It's a minor point but none of the flats in Richmond are in lock-down. All the affected towers are in the hot spot postcodes of Flemington/Kensington and North Melbourne.

Sorry, on checking you are right about that. My mistake.

Edited by Dustyblue

Dustyblue
49 minutes ago, born.a.girl said:

The government has done a huge amount, enlisting people from all areas, to cover all needs.  It's not 'near impossible', it's happening, with the ASRC engaged to prepared the culturally sensitive meals.  An EB member's husband was at a chemist at North Melbourne last night an apparently the chemist was flat chat with prescriptions for them.  There are alcohol and other substance abuse counsellors.

I think it's understandable to worry when things are outside our control to speculate on what might not be happening, but after hearing what the government is doing, I'm confident every effort's being made to do whatever is possible. 

Thanks, born.a.girl. I really hope you're right.

archyandmehitabel
Posted (edited)

Sikh Volunteers Australia are also delivering free meals. They did a terrific job during the bushfires and floods and are asking for donations.

Story from Huff Post

Edited by archyandmehitabel
change link
  • Like 6

JRA
1 hour ago, archyandmehitabel said:

Sikh Volunteers Australia are also delivering free meals. They did a terrific job during the bushfires and floods and are asking for donations.

Story from Huff Post

They are the best

• Like 2