BadCat

What is the single MOST unusual thing you'll do with your lotto win?

BadCat

I'm going to hire an occasional personal assistant.  She will have ovaries of steel and be able to handle tradespeople and make sure they do their job properly, efficiently, and at a reasonable price.  And then I will never deal with a lazy, half-a*sed, cheating, rip off artist tradie again as long as I live.

How about you?  What really unusual thing are you going to do with your winnnings?

• Like 10

71Cath

I’d hire a chef.  I’d never have to cook again.  Bliss.

• Like 8

TheGreenSheep

I’d turn on my floor heating, pay a gardener to come once a week, and finish landscaping the backyard. Put in a new front fence. DH said he’d put in a pool. 

NannyPlumPudding

A housekeeper/PA/Butler like whatshisname from dynasty.

Someone to run the boring parts of my life so I can continue being fabulous

• Like 3

BadCat
9 minutes ago, 71Cath said:

I’d hire a chef.  I’d never have to cook again.  Bliss.

See, I'd considered that, but I really don't want that level of interaction with an employee in a personal service.  So instead, I'm just going to order all my food from places like YouFoodz or Lite n Easy or something.  I don't care much about variety, as long as it tastes good and I don't have to do much before I eat it I'm fine with it.

• Like 3

BadCat

Also, as soon as the tech is available, I'm downloading my brain into a cyborg so I don't have to worry about health and exercise and all that crap anymore.  Then I wouldn't need a chef or food delivery.  Winning at life right there.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Freddie'sMum

All of the above.  Plus I want a unicorn.  A real unicorn and I reckon if I had won gazillions of dollars someone, somewhere would be able to arrange that for me !

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Silverstreak

I would like a little log cabin somewhere that we can visit in the holidays. One with coat hooks that look like woodland animals.  

images.jpeg

• Like 10

amdirel

Hire my kids their own personal uber driver.

• Like 3

Let-it-go
8 minutes ago, amdirel said:

Hire my kids their own personal uber driver.

Oooooooh good one!

tbh I’d probably get a driver for myself.  I hate driving. 

gruidae
Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, Silverstreak said:

I would like a little log cabin somewhere that we can visit in the holidays. One with coat hooks that look like woodland animals.  

images.jpeg

Me too, execpt I'd be moving there all permament like. You just made me search up coat hooks that look like woodland animals. I think I'm going to buy a set for us here, given our home decoration style is already rather eclectic.

I'm not sure how unusual my plan would be but I have this whole elaborate scheme of buying 3 or 4 houses to set up in a co-operative trust as equity, use them as legacy affordable housing then use the rent and equity to continually aquire new properties for the portfolio, which is owned co-operatively by the residents. Stay involved for the first five years, tap into expertise from friendly lawyers and accountants to train up the residents to manage it themselves. Gradually re-take the well serviced inner city back for lower income folk.

Edited by gruidae
edited for dreadful typing
  • Like 8

kimasa

I'm really into catios at the moment. Gonna try building my own BUT rich lotto Kimasa will be building the most luxurious catio that has ever existed.

Something like this:

images (12).jpeg

• Like 11

SeaPrincess

I wouldn’t tell anyone, just carry on as normal and eventually move into my dream house. I’ve seen a house that has everything I want except for a secret passage, so perhaps we’d need to build.

I’d volunteer at RFDS and make an anonymous donation to them, enough to fund a new plane.

• Like 2

a letter to Elise.

I’d hire someone to come every day, to clean up the feral mess my toddler makes, and cook dinner.  And possibly do the folding and put it away. id wake up to a clean house every morning and it would be bliss. 

if I was buying something, I’d buy a big mansion terrace in my current suburb. It would have  5 bedrooms, an artist studio, two living rooms, a giant kitchen with big benches, a garden and a garage with good storage. There would be room for a trampoline, and to kick a ball around. 

• Like 1

GlitteryElfFarts

My win would have to be huge.

I would buy two decent sized houses  approach someone about setting them up as safe houses for women and men with children. So both sexes who are suffering from domestic violence or just homelessness, have somewhere. Of course I would also set up a trust for each house for costs etc.

If the win were big enough I would possibly even think about a third place for teens in need.

• Like 4

Kaz83

As you said unusual.... everyone always says they'd move into their dream house which I probably would do eventually...

BUT!!

I would finish the house we are living in atm and get it EXACTLY how I want it. We built it 6 years ago but due to a combination of things it needs a LOT of work to get it FINISHED. I would love to see it exactly how I picture it in my head, if money wasnt an issue. 

Plus, Ive always wondered how people decide on mainly the location for their dream house? Because we've thought we'd found the perfect spot a number of times and then we'll drive somewhere new and we'll think "maybe here??" I guess if you win enough you could have a few dream houses 🤣🤣

I am definitely with you on the cyborg though. Brilliant idea.

Winter frost

Eyebrow implants. I am not the type to get plastic surgery usually - but i lack eyebrows.....

• Like 1

franklymum
Posted (edited)

I'd pay for full page advertisements in the Australian and slick commercials on channel 9 about the dangers of climate change and getting your news from youtube. Repeatedly. Like, every week for a year. I'm not sure if you'd have to start a political party for that to be legal but whatever it took, it would be worth it. 

I'd start a well paid troll army to vilify Rupert Murdoch and the Koch brothers around the clock.

Sorry, too dark ? I'd probably get IPL treatments a lot and  build a really luxurious bunker hidden somewhere on my rural retreat. 

Edited by franklymum
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

can'tstayaway

On the dream home line of thought...I would buy my dream acreage in the hills, build my dream home and have the house block screened with Crimsafe. I know it would block light but it would also stop slithery and bitey creatures from getting to me. 

On the charity line of thought, there’s a few wonderful organizations already in existence (not affiliated with a religious organisation) doing awesome work with the homeless and dv survivors. I would set up an investment vehicle that would produce income to fund the charity in perpetuity. 

surprisebaby

We have our own construction business and a scumbag big corporate is refusing to pay us thinking we will go broke before we get to court. They owe us 100k. Job done, all tests passed and approved. I would happily spend big bucks to go public with their thieving. Plane banner flyovers, full page ads in the paper detailing how they rip off and steal from hard working families to make their money.  I would also pay tabloid Tv to go after them. And shaming billboards. Lots of them. I can dream right. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Let-it-go
22 minutes ago, surprisebaby said:

We have our own construction business and a scumbag big corporate is refusing to pay us thinking we will go broke before we get to court. They owe us 100k. Job done, all tests passed and approved. I would happily spend big bucks to go public with their thieving. Plane banner flyovers, full page ads in the paper detailing how they rip off and steal from hard working families to make their money.  I would also pay tabloid Tv to go after them. And shaming billboards. Lots of them. I can dream right. 

It’s a cliche but contact A Current Affair.  They love stuff like this and 90% of it never even makes the show.  Just the threat will often have big corporates pay up.

• Like 8

Squeekums The Elf

I'd buy a wrestling company and hire all my favorites and ones who been screwed over by Vince McMahon, the wwe owner 

I'd also hire a personal driver, cleaner and chef

• Haha 1

Silverstreak
1 hour ago, gruidae said:

Me too, execpt I'd be moving there all permament like. You just made me search up coat hooks that look like woodland animals. I think I'm going to buy a set for us here, given our home decoration style is already rather eclectic.

I'm not sure how unusual my plan would be but I have this whole elaborate scheme of buying 3 or 4 houses to set up in a co-operative trust as equity, use them as legacy affordable housing then use the rent and equity to continually aquire new properties for the portfolio, which is owned co-operatively by the residents. Stay involved for the first five years, tap into expertise from friendly lawyers and accountants to train up the residents to manage it themselves. Gradually re-take the well serviced inner city back for lower income folk.

I did find these:

images.jpeg.c61c8d2184e11352510c1837ffddb51b.jpege57d472ae9878533311fd7481c7a77e2.jpg.f9fe7f52af829f2c8dba047380756986.jpg

• Like 2

3babygirls

I would buy a huge block of land, and build the most gigantic, ridiculous over the top pool.. with waterslides and splash park and hidden grotto and waterfalls etc. and then someone to take care of it full time.. 

Also if I had money left over then a basketball/tennis court and huge hidden treetop cubby for me... *cough* I mean the kids... 

• Like 2

ineedmorecoffee

Big house somewhere near the water with lots of bedrooms, lots of bathrooms so I never have to share with anyone ever again. Cook, cleaner, driver and a PA to do the boring stuff I don’t want to deal with. 

I would spend my days making myself look pretty, shopping and planning my overseas travels.

I would also set my family up so I don’t have to worry about them. Yes I would need to win very big to maintain all of the above.